The Day After the Grand Boasting Session

by WTWizard 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

So you got through the Grand Boasting Session somehow. The one-towel rules, the endless Quiet and Keep Moving signs, the snorefest, and the endless prayer are finally behind us. Now what?

Usually, if there are children involved, life after becomes unbearable after a Grand Boasting Session. And this one is no different--the whole first day is about youth. Usually, they will run through the Young People Ask--Answers That Do Not Work book and pull advice from that. I am expecting more in the way of crackdowns on sexual matters, like dating, being with the opposits sex, and issues leading to masturbation.

Additionally, there is the renewed field circus activity. Before, the parents would be too tired and not make the children go out, especially if it's too hot or they are too busy. Or, they might use it as an incentive to behave at a boasting session or elsewhere. Now, however, the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger has put in parts that tell people that they should go out more, regardless. Some are going to be hounded to pioneer, since August has Five Full Weekends. And stay out longer while they are at it. And put a stop to the fake door rings and dogging the calls.

Of course, there are the music roundups. Just about everyone that was in while they were teenagers remembers the parents going through the music collection after a Grand Boasting Session and throwing out anything that is even remotely suspicious. Just about always, there is at least one album or CD that gets thrown out because of something totally ridiculous.

Other aftereffects include crackdowns on worldly association, getting rid of vacation plans for fun, and the college plans. Effectively, that puts a damper on any plans that children might have for the remainder of summer and beyond. No leaving home on schedule. No fun. No nothing. And even other things might be thrown out--Internet, cable, the TV, and the like could be headed for the landfill because of the parents' getting hounded at the Grand Boasting Session.

So upbuilding.

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

Yup.

That happened to me when I was growing up.

ASSemblies and visits by the COs and DOs.

I'd brace myself for a month or so of strict parenting until they tired of finding fault with me.

It always sucked because the DA was always during summer break. Since both of my parents worked outside the home, I had to stay at home alone all day and do chores. Basically I had to clean the house from top to bottom every single day. Dust, vacuum, mop, laundry, and the evening dinner.

Each day, the neighborhood kids would stop by and the adult supervision of the group would, once again, invite me to go swimming with everyone. I had to say 'no, thank you.'

Fun times.

• Blasty
    Blasty

haha, yeah they were convinced my music was bad. They had some elders come over to talk to me, and I was basically sat at a table with four people grilling me about music. Being a teenager, I got pissed at all of them and told them they were crazy, there was nothing in the music and I can prove it.

At the time I was listening to mainly lyric free techno, so in all honestly, there wasn't anything in the music. No lyrics to corrupt me, it was about as pure of music as you can get. They had no ammo after I played it for them. Score 1 for the teenager. They all agreed they could find no fault in the music, but of course warned me to be careful.

The sad part is now that I look back, I really think they were just looking for fault in me, because in reality I was a really good kid. Compared to many others that is.

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

when i was 15, 2 elders came over to my house and told me that if i continue to listen to rap music, i would be announced as no longer an unbaptized publisher.

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

I used to get nailed about my music all the time after the conventions, assemblies and CO visits. It ended when I asked my parents why I should have to give up my hobbies, when neither of them gave up any of theirs. At this time my dad had thousands of dollars in various woodshop tools (granted he made nearly all the furniture in our home, and made furniture for others in the Kingdumb Hell), and my mom had knitted or crocheted (sp?) so many blankets, shawls, sweaters and scarfs to cloth thousands of people.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard
    when i was 15, 2 elders came over to my house and told me that if i continue to listen to rap music, i would be announced as no longer an unbaptized publisher.

Well, they might as well give up on their plans to recapture me on this. I am going to continue listening to rap music. And it isn't clean rap either--it is full of swearing, gun shots, and blatantly glorifies every kind of sex, misogyny, violence, drug use, drug dealing, and materialism. And I am not getting rid of it--I am getting some more.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Blasty:

At the time I was listening to mainly lyric free techno, so in all honestly, there wasn't anything in the music. No lyrics to corrupt me, it was about as pure of music as you can get

Those guys were amateurs. All music except "Kingdumb Maladies" qualifies as "bad association" with 'worldly' musicians.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit