Coming Ex-JW Play on Broadway

by ShirleyW 1 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Hope my cut and paste of the article worked and is showing below, but this afternoon I heard the radio commercial for a play coming to Broadway called Don Reed's East 14th Street. As he said in the commercial, he was raised in the religion that rhymes with "Mehobahs Vitlessness", then finds out his father is a pimp. anyone remember Br. Reed while he was growing up ? ? ?

About Don Reed's East 14th Street:

Don Reed's East 14th Street plays at New World Stages- Stage 5 (formerly Dodger Stages - Stage 5) 50th Street, between 8th and 9th Ave - Map Seating chart & directions

What do you do when your mother divorces your father, then remarries a devout follower of "that religion," who takes you door-knocking at 7 o'clock in the morning? You escape and move in with dear old dad of course. Problem solved. Until you discover your real pop is a real pimp...for real. East 14th: True Tales of a Reluctant Player is the hysterical one-man show chronicling the coming of age of Don Reed in 1970s Oakland. From being forced to deliver the gospel door to door, to living on "Ho Row", Don Reed takes you down a road you'll never forget. At times moving and poignant, but always funny to the core, East 14th: True Tales of a Reluctant Player will make you laugh until you cry, and then laugh all over again.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    As he said in the commercial, he was raised in the religion that rhymes with "Mehobahs Vitlessness",

hehe that made me laugh!

-Aude.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit