Every time I call them......................It's jehovah this or that

by nomoreguilt 5 Replies latest jw friends

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

So, I just got off the phone with my older jw brother. Long story on him for another day. But it's his damn GOOFY WIFE!! Every time I call over there, which isn't but once in a blue moon, maybe what, twice a year? So, she answers the phone......She's a born in jw, 57 years old. Oh, Hi NMG! How are you? i just got off the phone with a sister and we have talk we are going over blah blah blah!!!!! WTF??? She has to know that I haven't been to meetings in ages but it's always the same crap. EEEEEEEW I was so tempted to fill her in on her precious wtbts.........She's one of these gushy dreamy eyed dubs that thinks everything is perfect..HAH! She's the one that guilted me back into the borg about 1975. Oh, you're going to be destroyed, come back NOW before it's too late...... ARGH!!!

NMG

• New light for you
    New light for you

i know what ya mean,

went to see mom today. she told me that my daughter is now going to be a spoiled brat cuz we're going to have a birthday party. I know she believes we're all gonna die too, but i appreciate her saving that for ME and not in front of the kids.

• Pandoras cat
    Pandoras cat

Our relatives are like that too---when other people are around to hear them. I sometimes wonder if they talk that way so as to convince themselves that what they are doing is right. Or here is a thought; people who are so adamant about their belief's are possibly hiding something contrary to the way they really feel. I don't know... Sorry you had to go through that. Going through it myself.

Meow

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

I got to talk with my younger brother this evening, and I told him about the conversation. He is DEATHLY anti jw now. He applauded my efforts in getting out, fading. He told me similar stories about our sister - in law. She's always saying how he's missing out on everlasting life, BARF!!

NMG

• 4mylove
    4mylove

Everytime the hubby talks the the MIL she has exciting news from the hall. Great overseer or however you spell that. It's as if they ignorance is their bliss

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Nomoreguilt... I used to get that all the time (still do) when I visited my siblings. They go on and on about their JW BS. It doesn't matter that I've heard it before... they repeat it.

I used to get sooooooo riled up. But then I realized something. It was all that they had going on in their lives. They had no outside interests... no hobbies... nothing else to talk about.

So now... I feel sorry for them.

Regards,

Jim TX

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit