Even movie watching isn't a casual practice to these poor souls

by 4mylove 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• 4mylove
    4mylove

Hubby and I were watching that movie with Hillary Swank, I think it's called Freedom Writers. In the film she has the woman that hid Ann Frank and her family speak to her class. Without thinking I asked my husband, "There really aren't that many survivors left are there. I mean, this movie is depicting 10-15 years ago. I wish there was a way for everyone to meet one of these individuals. They have stories that are life changing."

It took me a little bit but i noticed the expression on my husband face. It was truly sad and pensive, but I don't understand why. Could it be that he's coming to the realization that what he believes in might be wrong? Or is it that He believes "the end" is near bullshit because that generation is passing quickly?

He's been out of the loop 6 years now except for the information that my mother in law tries to feed him here and there. I hate that he has to deal with this! They are truly a life draining way of life. They take away hope and aspirations and cloak it with fake hope and impossible aspirations.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

That was a great movie! And yes, this cult will suck the life right out of you.

nj

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I have seen that in real life. They constantly harp on replacing hopes of making decent money and having a reasonable career with the most stagnating "career" of one's life--PIONEERING!

Pioneer. Go to Beth Hell. Stay single so you can go to the Value Destroyer Training School. Become a hounder or assistant hounder. Move to where they need help in getting people in the cancer. If you are thinking of becoming an engineer or computer scientist, shame on you! Yes, I have heard that one too many times to remember!

• Vachi 8 He Is
    Vachi 8 He Is

I was playing Metal Gear Solid 4 today and got a little choked at Raiden and Snake's dialogue about having no one. I see similarities in my life in that I don't belong in the goof but at the same time I have this dub foundation that pretty much stole the time in my life where I should've been more social. It's like being stuck in some kind of undead purgatory. It urks the hell outta me.

• 4mylove
    4mylove

Thanks guys, need all the help i can get. It's sad when you get nervous and your stomach goes into knots at the mention that you loved one was in contact with "them". Aside from this issue, we have no issues.

Example. We share a very dear friendship with someone that is active. There is a possibility that this person may need to move in with us. I explained to my husband that i would be the first to go get this person if need be, but i am scared that he'll want to start going to meetings with this person. Again, he hasn't been to a meeting in 6 years or longer. I don't know how long before me he had stopped.

Just think it's sad that something can take over someone's life like this especially without having any kind of positive spin other than very selfish self "salvation"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit