Celestine Prophecy

by Kristen 5 Replies latest social entertainment

• Kristen
    Kristen

Just wondering if anyone else has read this book by James Redfield and what your thoughts on it are. I found the insights interesting.

Kristen

• Quester
    Quester

Kristen,

No, I haven't read the book, but I have heard
    of it and am interested in hearing your
    thoughts on the book if you want to talk
    about it.

I love book discussions.
    Quester

• Mulan
    Mulan

I read this book within four months of finding out the truth of everything. A friend recommended it to me. I loved this book so much. It's written like a story, but has some deep psychology messages.

One thing that I liked especially, was his description of codependency (finding your soulmate.......that is his version of what codependent means): You think of yourself, instead of the letter "O", but as a "C", going around trying to find your other half, like you need someone to complete you. His thought is that you will not find your true soulmate, until you are content with yourself, as the complete circle, or letter "O".

He also talks about the energy that passes between some people, that makes you feel like they are your friend, or could be........and you don't have that energy with everyone. Some can even see the energy, or at least feel it between another two people. (like the "chemistry" you can see when two people meet for the first time, or you say "there were sparks between them". Maybe there really are.

I may just take that book out and read it again. It was great, and made me realize that I had to be complete myself, in order to really be happy, and not depend on another person to make me happy. (easy for me to say, right?.......since I have a great husband and family?, but still you have to learn that they don't make you happy......only YOU can make YOU happy.

(edited for spelling correction)

Marilyn (a.k.a. Mulan)
    "Those who know, don't say, and those who say, don't know."

• Kristen
    Kristen

Quester,
    I really enjoyed the book. My sister introduced me it a few months ago and once I started reading it I couldn't put it down. I never would have even known about it if it wasn't for her casual mentioning of it one day when we were talking about "stuff". I love big sisters!

Mulan,
    I'm glad to know you've read it! Isn't it funny that it is probably the type of book we wouldn't dare touch while "in?" Freedom to explore is really nice.

Most of the insights made a lot of sense to me, and the fourth one really stuck in my mind about interpersonal conflict:

Too often humans cut themselves off from the greater source of this energy and so feel weak and insecure. To gain energy we tend to manipulate or force others to give us attention and thus energy. When we successfully dominate others in this way, we feel more powerful, but they are left weakened and often fight back. Competition for scarce, human energy is the cause of all conflict between people.
    I found the explanation of finding the soulmate and codependency interesting too.

Just another way to view "things." I want to read the follow-up books when I get around to finding them.

Kristen

• space
    space

Yes I have read this book a couple of times now and I really try to base my life around it. Check out the article "LSD saved me from JWS" It was one of the books I read during my journey .SPACE

• Farkel
    Farkel

I've read both the Celestine Prophecy and it's sequel, The Tenth Insight. Fun reads, both.

My comments: "supermarket" enlightenment, well packaged, specious and yet somehow fun at the same time.

I would not discourage anyone from reading it and applying the "insights," though. They have been around for millenia and they are always good reminders for us all.

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit