Governments and voting - have there been reinforcments in this?

by insearchoftruth 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Was wondering since this an election year in the US, if the WTS has been reinforcing its position on the voting ban...I thought it recently had become a matter of conscience, but tonight my wife was talking about how she realizes there is a need for governments, but there will be only one government which will bring peace.

I asked her about selecting the government and she said that there will always be people who vote and they can select the governements since overall government really does not matter.

I am guessing that she has spent more time with the pesky sister in her free time than I had previously thought

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Has the wt had changes in the voting policy??

• kzjw
    kzjw

I've heard it stressed in Sunday talks during the Primaries, how ever can't force my self to return. My JW wife says it's a conscience matter, but she runs to email her elder everytime I bring up that I want her to share this experience with me. I don't expect to inaugurate the next President married to her....

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Sorry to hear that, but I can fully understand the stress. My wife became a citizen last September and was very excited to be able to vote, now she is talking about how we don't need to since there will always be people who vote. I said that if one doesn't vote, they do not have the right to complain about governement and left it at that.

• writetoknow
    writetoknow

I would find it hard to believe the witnesses have changed their mine on voting it is one of their core beliefs.

• undercover
    undercover

There was an article not too long ago that vaguely insinuated that voting was a conscience matter and made mention to "let each one carry his own load".

It was so vague that I'm sure that most dubs didn't even notice that using this new article one could defend their conscience decision to vote.

Personally I think it was an attempt on the Society to put in writing that there was no prohibition against voting; that each member made his own choice in the matter. But we know how that works...

• writetoknow
    writetoknow

Always follow the money trial...

"Conscious in the world of JW's is a political statement that can be taken to mean one thing to the "faithful" and some thing much different to those that are not a part of the "faithful".

First of all their are no "conscious matter" to the devoted. Secondly, if your dealing with the government I am certain people being forced into not voting does not set well with them for a tax free exemption!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit