The holocaust

by lancelink 0 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• lancelink
    lancelink

Not long ago I was able to visit the holocaust museum out in Washington DC. There was many references to Jehovah's Witnesses scattered
    throughout the place. it was said that they were the only group persecuted who could have just signed a piece of paper
    renouncing their beliefs, and walked out.
    Over the weekend I was watching Schindlers List, and i noticed quite often during the movie how many people from that
    time just could not believe that the nazis were actually killing people because of what they believed. The scene toward the end
    where newly arrived persons arrive at Auschwitz, and they are just walking into a lower level, and the furnace=chimney is glowing red right above them!
    My thought here is ,would people (JW's in particular) today still make a stand regarding their beliefs, or help others being
    persecuted? It seems that here in the US the honor, decency, and unshakable faith in a religion does not exist at the level shown
    during WW 2 anymore.
    Lets say as an example that the government decided to shut down, imprison, and kill members of a religion in one country.
    How many members would make the stand, and put their lives on the line ?
    last month I attended a Jewish congregation meeting, and I was just awestruck by the history, and faith exhibited by the members/
    Now that we have the internet, text messaging,cell phones,ipods, computers, cable tv, do people (young ones mainly) still have a deep seated, honest, impression of their own religion ?

50 years forward from that time would people look back at the examples set by so many members of their faith?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit