What are they afraid of ???

by TooBad TooSad 8 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• TooBad TooSad
    TooBad TooSad

All JW's will openly confess that they have the "Truth." The word truth means

reality, actual existence, correctness, that which is true. All JW's also believe that

those wicked evil apostates do not have the truth. So why do JW's have such a morbid

fear of reading apostate literature or if you come upon an apostate web page to immediatly

turn you head and run for your life? Let's look at a couple of easy examples. Birch trees,

and oak trees will loose their leaves in the fall. If you came upon a web page that says

that these trees keep their leaves all year long could you prove that they were wrong?

Pure water will freeze and turn to ice at 32 degrees F. If some one said that is not true

that water turns to ice at 26 degrees F could you prove that they were wrong? A truth is

true because it will stand up to examination and scrutiny. If JW's have the truth why

are they affraid to answer questions about their faith? Why are they forbidden to talk

to people who once believed in Watchtower doctrine but now have freed themselves

of slavery to a corporation? The Witchtower Babble and Trick Society knows that their

teachings will not and can not stand up to examination. The only solution is to demonize

those who do not agree with the WTBTS and if you dare talk to them and listen to

them you will be thrown out of the congregation on your ass and none of your JW family

will ever talk you or help you. If I did not know better I would think that perhaps the

WTBTS is a cult.

TooBad TooSad

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

They are afraid of the "Truth". The truth is THEY ARE A CULT.

• Gopher
    Gopher

They're afraid of continuing to lose members who find out that the ex-JW's are telling the truth about them.

Did you ever see the "Watchtower Quotes" site which the Society sued to have shut down, and won? It was nothing but a collection of quotes over the years, from the Socety's OWN LITERATURE, about what they taught on various subjects -- showing how things had changed back and forth. It was embarassing to them, and viewed as 'apostate', even though it contained only quotes from their own literature with no apostate commentary whatsoever!

Fortunately, other people took backups of the Quotes site -- as you can see here: http://www.watchtowerinformationservice.org/index.php/watchtower_quotes/

• Vachi 8 He Is
    Vachi 8 He Is

They're basically told not to verify, because of course Satan is everywhere that doesn't have anything to with Slo-hovah. It's like a bunch of people in a room (those who saw The Village will know what I mean) and they send a person to the door to tell them if it's day or night. If they don't verify the person they put in control of that could tell them anything. Religion works because it keeps people in fear of the unknown. They don't have to think about it mostly, and it puts responsibility on something/someone other than themselves. If they read these sites it would destroy their belief system, the very foundation that a lot of them have been built on, and their lives would become something foreign. Now some embrace that, while others are too set in their comfort zones. And it also doesn't help that dubs are continuously being beat over the heads with "The end is close, keep on the watch, exert yourselves vigorously." It's like when you're waiting on somebody who's supposed to go with you somewhere and you think to yourself "I'ma wait a few more minutes because as soon as I leave, that's when they'll show up. Well I got news for you, he's not coming. If he is, what's stopping him? He wants to give everybody a chance? Riiiiight. Every minute someone is born into this world. In order to "give them a chance" god would have to wait until someone preached to them, which would be fine if there was only 100 people left to be born. But this preaching to all the inhabited earth is an insurmountable task and for dubs to think otherwise shows just how brain dead they are. We're surrounded by zombies, but THIS Raccoon City is no fun.

• blondie
    blondie

I remember the first time I read about 1925. I thought 1975 was the first big snafu. Then I read about 1914. I started realizing that it was pattern of misinformation and a lack of accountability. Made me wonder what other deceptions there were. And now I'm out.

• Vachi 8 He Is
    Vachi 8 He Is

Well in case you missed it, they hardly talk about those years anymore. How could they be so wrong about those dates? Supposedly when god said something to someone previously....oh about a couple thousand years ago, what he said couldn't have been misconstrued. "Noah! You shall build an ark that's XXX feet high and XXXX meters wide. And gather up two of each animal and take them inside with you. For in XX years there will be a great flood that will wipe out every living thing on the earth. So do it....do it." When did the flood come? Right on schedule. When Moses led his people to the sea, did they chill out there for some days, months, years, decades, centuries? Or was the sea parted expediently? Basically god got off his ass and did something back in the day, but now we have to beg, plead, pray, and cry out. For what? What else does he really have to do? I've been told that god gets to us in his own time. Negative. A god who is without time should not have us jumping through these hoops. We are the linear creatures, not him. If we pray there is an urgency within us, and I'm sure that many of us call when we're at the end of our rope. Yet he still lays around, supposedly watching everything, so that makes him an accessory. F--k him.

• Gerard
    Gerard

They are afraid of waking up. Mental freedom can be scary to those who never had it.

• Quotes
    Quotes

Too Bad said:

If I did not know better I would think that perhaps the WTBTS is a cult.

Are you certain that you "know better"? (My apologies if this was just a rhetorical device).

WTBTS is a cult, according to generally accepted definitions. They demonstrate most (all?) of the identify traits of cults, to varying degrees.

Rabid demonization of material critical to the group, its beliefs, or its leadership, is one (of many) things that cults do. By itself, it is neither necessary (there are other cult traits) nor sufficient (you really need to see more than just one cult trait before identifying a group as a cult), but consider this particular box "checked".

BTW, I strongly recommend Steven Hassaan's book "Combatting Cult Mind Control" to anyone that wants to learn more about how to rationally identify cults.

~Q

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    The Witchtower Babble and Trick Society knows that their

teachings will not and can not stand up to examination.

In other words, they are not sincere, well intentioned believers as some may think because they are fully aware that their teachings are false. Their abuses are deliberate.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit