Wanted (the movie)

by changeling 9 Replies latest jw friends

• changeling
    changeling

Loved it! It's not just a boy movie (action, Angelina...), it has a good story.

Also, if you've seen it, I'd like your comments on how it relates to the WT. I saw some strange similarities. I will not elaborate so I don't spoil it for others.

changeling :)

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hi changeling,

Theatres or DVD?

Thanks,

CoCo

• free2think
    free2think

I really want to see it, hopefully i will this weekend or next. It looks good.

• R.F.
    R.F.

I saw it last weekend. I'd definitely like to see it again.

• changeling
    changeling

Theaters, CoCo.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks, cha!

CoCo

• Metamorphosis
    Metamorphosis

i was just going to respond to your thought about how it corresponded to the WT (i loved the movie BTW)

SPOILER ALERT - don't read if you haven't seen the movie and want to....

so the secret society started off w/ a noble cause. but once that cause no longer worked for them, once they realized actually following the cause and being true to it would result in their own demise they went their own way - the leaders kept control and kept the followers doing exactly what they wanted them to do but saying they were still following the original cause but it had in reality deviated from it.

same w/ the WT. i think maybe (maybe) originally there was some true desire to focus on the bible and discern what it wanted - but by now the leaders have to realize they are making sh** up and are just keeping the followers going along for the leaders own benefit - that of keeping the dang organization still alive. if it was known that the leaders were no longer truly being honest, the followers would turn on them just like Angelina did.

oh - and angelina is hot. :) but that doesn't equate to anything in the WT.

Morph

• BBOARD
    BBOARD

Well, remember Common said "F--k The Code." But it was Angelina who fired the curved-bullet shot ... which also ended up ... you know.

I absolutely LOVED THE MOVIE. I felt (like many others) that even though it was obviously slightly ever so a rip-off of the Matrix, Equilibrium and Fight Club it was done with GREAT TASTE. They never copied so much of an entire scene/thought pattern so much that it felt like watching Matrix IV.

Did I say I LOVED IT! Yes, I will be going a second time.

• LockedChaos
    LockedChaos

Angelina
    Tattoos
    Weapons
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    V
    Hell yea!!

Have not seen it yet
    I will

• changeling
    changeling

SPOILER ALERT:

Meta:You came away with the same feeling I did! Also, when the guy was being shown the ropes he never did any outside checking, he used "their" library! And Angelina's desicion in the end showed her blind faith in the face of reality. Soooo WT like!

changeling :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit