Dubs out in full force today...with no one answering the doors.

by A-Team 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• A-Team
    A-Team

..except for me, and boy did I shock them with only 3 sentences.

Many on this board know that I am not a JW, never intend to become a JW, but yet I am a Christian and my hearts longs for JWs to get the real truth.

They did their little spiel about the world ending, troubling times, etc...I let them finish this spiel then they asked "Do you agree with it?"

I told them, Paraphrasing: "I do agree that we are near the last days...but I'm not worried about it because God is my provider. The more you worry about what you see here makes you start worrying and causes unneeded stress. As long as you keep yourself in The Word, you shouldn't be shaken by what you see."

All they could say s "Wow, you're right, I never thought about that" then just offered me a track and left.

• shamus100
    shamus100

It's unfortunate that you long for them to get the real truth because they just don't want it. It's impossible for 90% to accept they are in a cult. Personally, I don't worry about them at all.

I loved your comeback - couldn't have said it better. It still didn't phase them, in all probability.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

That was a fine waste of a holiday. They could have had a barbecue. They could have had a day at the beach or the amusement park. They could have seen real fireworks (I do not recommend homemade ones since they are quite dangerous, and could disturb people or damage property if not handled properly). Or a campout. Anything--but they had to waste it out in field circus!

And that's assuming that they aren't stuck at the Grand Boasting Sessions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit