Lap Band Surgery

by uninformed 6 Replies latest jw friends

• uninformed
    uninformed

About 10 years ago I was diagnosed as diabetic.

I was about 70 lbs overweight and tried to lose weight, but could not really control my eating, and I neglected exercise too. Over the 10 years, I did manage to lose about 15 lbs.

On May 12, this year, after researching bariatric surgery, I decided to have a 'lap band' installed. I went to a hospital in Juarez, Mexico, and I have enjoyed some good results so far.

I have lost over 20 lbs in the past two months, and my blood sugar has dropped over 50 points. Once in a while I will get a normal reading, even though most of my readings are still above 160 (I test in the mornings). I still have some hunger but not like I used too. I would do this again in a heartbeat.

I would highly recommend any who have diabetes or a problem with weight to consider some type of bariatric surgery.

A full blown "gastric bypass" will get rid of diabetes in 4 days.

A 'sleeve' surgery is also a way to consider.

The cheapest and only reversible surgery is the 'lap band'.

Just wanted to share this with you.

Brant

• uninformed
    uninformed

sure got everyone excited about this subject.

Brant

• garybuss
    garybuss

You wrote: sure got everyone excited about this subject.

I hate it when that happens.

• FreudianSlip
    FreudianSlip

I hear this procedure along with other bariatric surgeries practically cure diabetes. The one where they cut off 85% of your stomach is a procedure they are starting to give severe diabetics even if they are not significantly overweight, but instead to get rid of the diabetes.

Good job on your success so far!!

• beksbks
    beksbks

Good for you Brant!!! I would ask, have you added exercise yet? It's a wonder drug itself.

• uninformed
    uninformed

Thanks for the comments, you too Gary.

Exercise: I am a bricklayer and exercise after work is a problem.

The Bariatric Bypass surgery is the absolute cure for diabetes. Within four days of the surgery, you are not diabetic.

The Lap Band surgery is 80 to 90% effective. My sugar levels are dropping, but still relatively high.

I dropped below 230 lbs today (228). That is a mile marker I have been looking for. Lost 28 off my high!

Brant

• dwtnphotog
    dwtnphotog

I have a co-worker that had it done in December. She has lost 40 lbs so far!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit