My Jw friend in hiding?

by Budda 2 Replies latest social relationships

• Budda
    Budda

I was just wondering abou tmy JW friend it seems like I only see her were she works. I live in a small town and it just seems like everyone knows each other and I never see her outside of where she works. My friend brought her up again and Ive just completely forgot about her until recently. I guess my life is not going to well also no job no girl friend etc. and I suffer from depression. It just seems like all the women I meet always have an issue. Be it a wacky religion, drug abuse, mental problems, and smokers I hate smokers ounce they pull out a cigarette I just lose interest and it seems like everyone smokes! I know everyone has problems but are my standards just too high?

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

I know everyone has problems but are my standards just too high?

Your standards are too high only if you're never willing to compromise to reach a positive solution.

There are plenty of people in the world that don't smoke, drug, drink to excess, aren't addicted to religion...at least, I hope Connecticut is like other states!

What sorts of places do you like to go where you might meet more of the kinds of people you're looking for?

EDIT: As far as not seeing your JW friend outside of the workplace, JWs are pretty isolated and don't generally hang out with anyone except other JWs (at least that's the stated intent of the religion). While it might be nice to have them as a friend, that might require you to become part of the religion. I wouldn't recommend that to anyone!

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

I think you have to let people be who they are...We can't change people and it's not

fair to try to make people bend. Try to make new friends, find an interesting hobby

that involves others, or some type of community service. Helping others helps us feel

good inside. It does bring a true sense of happiness. It also helps us to not focus on the negative.

Cheers,

Best wishes in your journey

hope4others

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit