are the current pioneer hours gonna be lowered?

by The Lone Ranger 8 Replies latest jw friends

• The Lone Ranger
    The Lone Ranger

I have heard that the current pioneer hours may be lowered, has anyone confirmed this?

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Anybody here from Canada know? The last time they lowered the hour requirement for the pioneers, the news was leaked from Canada. The KMs with the announcement were printed and distributed before it was general knowledge in US Bethel. Man were a lot of heavies pi*sed when the voice out of the North had the news first.

I'll keep my ear to the ground, but I haven't heard anything to that effect.

B the X

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I have heard something to that effect that regular pioneer requirements might be reduced to 60 hours a month, but nothing since then to back it up.

Incidentally, I have seen information that back in the late 1940s, the requirements for regular pioneers was 150 hours a month, as for vacation pioneers. Special pioneers were required to get 175 hours and 12 Washtowel studies per month. Regular publishers were supposed to get at least 60 hours a month and as many Washtowel studies as possible. Which was the old auxiliary pioneer requirement.

I think this is still too much. If I never spend even a yoctosecond (a septillionth of a second) out in field circus again, it will be too soon.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Is there still a "vacation Pioneer" status - Ironically, I seem to remember that it used to be either 50 or 60 hours.

In my day, Pioneer meant 100 hours, and you had better darn well get them all or they would drop you.

• blondie
    blondie

auxiliary pioneers - 50 hours/month

regular pioneers - 70 hours/month

• The Lone Ranger
    The Lone Ranger

Who on this board has good contacts? I really want to asl them, maybe they know.

any idea who??

pretty please... :-)

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I used to have contacts but had laser surgery.

Now see 20/15.

• tartarus
    tartarus

Who cares?

• FreudianSlip
    FreudianSlip
    Who cares?

Lone Ranger does.. but that seems obvious by the fact that he asked the question.. which leads me to wonder why you asked yours.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit