Watchtower MP3

by scotsman 5 Replies latest watchtower bible

• scotsman
    scotsman

Just came across this

www.jw.org

Just listening to the over enunciated Contents gave me the dry boak.

• TIMBOB
    TIMBOB

oh yea. get all that goodness in mp3 style. They also have podcasts. I had to help my mom out the other day to get em on a cd.

I was kidding with and told her i couldnt hvae any part in any 3rd party JW sites. She laughed and that this was legite and put out by the society.

• Cindi_67
    Cindi_67

Well, this actually surprises me!! I thought this website was not authorized by the Society. But it clearly says it is. Amazing they will do this, isn't it?

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

It must kill them to do this. Do you realize how much control they give up by having this available? Now someone can get this info WITHOUT EVER seeing a JW. That means no bi-weekly guilt trip for those who aren't regular meeting attenders. Awesome! Not to mention the downloads are available to "apostates", including the study issues. Wow!

Kwin

• witnessgirl
    witnessgirl

Actually, for most of the Org's history you could get the mags without ever seeing a JW by subscribing through the mail. Every year when your subscription was about to expire, you would get yellow and blue paper slips in the mail. If you wanted to keep getting the mags, you checked a box and returned the slips to the society and you kept getting your mailbox crammed full of Jehovah's Food ™ without having to have it served by Jehovah's Witnesses™.

Then sometime around 1991 they announced in letters to all congregations and letters to all bodies of elders that they weren't going to be offering subscriptions through the mail anymore. Then a month later, another letter came. Suprise! The fun-loving society was just kidding. Subscriptions would continue as normal.

Then sometime around 2000 they did away with subscriptions for real. Having been around for the earlier expected time of the end and having seen it come and go without anything be any different, I was skeptical. Unfortunately, Jehovah decided to punish me for questioning the society's predictions and killed subscriptions for real, just like Lot's wife. I am very sorry.

Fortunately, as you've noted, the new situation with online distribution (even of the Study edition) means that it doesn't matter anymore. The audio versions of the mags (I remember when they came on cassette tapes) were always harder to get anyway, making it even better.

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

I really recommend y'all listen to every watchtower mp3. They are so encouraging. If you do, you you will repent and Jehovah will bless you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit