JW Elder steals money from family and nothing is done - Anglesey UK

by Sirona 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Sirona
    Sirona

Hi

This whole scenario is typical of the JW organisation sticking up for elders who do horrible things.

An elder from the Anglesey congregation - one of 9 siblings - decided to join forces with one other sibling to make sure that the other siblings didn't get their inheritance. He and his brother manipulated the matriarch of the family before she died, whilst she was gravely ill, and made sure that the rest of the family never saw the inheritance that was rightfully theirs.

He went so far as to restrict access to the house she lived in by changing locks etc. so that her sons and daughters could not see her on her deathbed.

When she finally died, it was revealed that he and his brother had siphoned the money off and took possession of the property so that no other sibling could benefit.

They even had their own wake after the funeral service itself - to which the other siblings were not invited.

When this was reported to the CO and congregation elders, they promised to investigate. After weeks of messing around, they informed the rest of the family that in their opinion he could remain an elder. The person who reported this was told to "shut up" and stop causing divisions in Jehovahs Organisation.

Many of the family are not JWs and therefore his actions have made it clear to all what JW Elders are REALLY like. Still the organisation didn't act to remove him from eldership due to scandal....presumably because the rest of the family live a few miles away so non of his Anglesey congregation know the truth about him.

This Elder sent an abusive letter to a member of the family who had simply asked him why he had acted in this way. This letter was presented to the elders as evidence. Nothing was done.

The family can't do much legally. They'd have to prove what occurred with the mother behind closed doors - before her death.

It makes me so angry. I wonder if any local JWs will know who I'm talking about?

Sirona

• faundy
    faundy

Ooooooh, I used to live there! PM me and tell me who it was!

• core
    core

There are a number of things the relatives could try<br>

First is to ask for a copy of the final Will, if the Executors (the elder presumably who took over the ladys affairs) do not provide one then u can request a copy from the District Probate Registry - just give name and date of eath and a small fee and they will give u a copy.

Second - presumably the "elder" acted whilst the lady was alive with Power of Attorney - write to the Public Guardians Office and ask if a POA was registered.Also ask if it was a new style LASTING Power of Attorney or the older Enduring Power of Attorney (THE NEW STYLE lasting POA only came in last September so probably not that but if it was that is good news as the regulations concerning such are very demanding on the Trustee)

If it was ask them to obtain a full account from the Trustees of the account since registered to the date of death

If it was not registered - first write back to the PGO and ask them for advice - second on this write - not call - write to the "elder" and ask for a copy of the POA he acted with.

Third - if property has changed hands before death - registered by the "elder" from the mother to whoevere - write to the HM Land Registry asking them what proof of the authority of the title holder was given to authorise the transfer - again u can get a copy of the title deeds as they are now from the website for HM Land Registry - small fee - anbout £3

Fourth - all disposessed elatives should write jointly to the "elder" asking for a copy of the POA accounts since granted to death - advise him he must produce these for you within 7 days

If you know of the bank/building society which had the bulk of any funds the relatives cab write to the bank HO giving the name and address and asking for confirmation that transactions were made using a POA and if they were asking them to examine them as you are unhappy at the estates handling before and after death

Fifth - as several are concerned over this ask the next CO why the "elder" serves when not free of accusation - or write to the branch asking that

Sixth - do not take this lying down - actions before death are notoriously difficult to justify but those still living have every right to be informed of the actions of any Trustee or Public Guardian

• Sirona
    Sirona

Core

Thanks for the information. I'm not one of the siblings....but I know them.

This guy and his brother profited thousands of pounds.

JWs protect their own don't they? Just cos he is an elder proves he is innocent, right?

SIrona

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Where are all the scriptures about "You shall not steal"? And "Let the stealer steal no more". And "thieves will not inherit God's Kingdom"? It is pretty obvious that the Bible, which they claim to be inspired of God and beneficial, is against stealing. And yet this is what this hounder was doing, and is still a hounder!

And they get people for questioning the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger for "apostasy".

• fokyc
    fokyc

You talk about THE Anglesey Congregation, I understood there is now 2 congs?

My EX-daughter-in-law and some of her remaining tribe live in or around Holyhead,

I will keep my ears open for any more info.

fokyc

• Gill
    Gill

Sirona - A JW 'fiddle' the estate of an elderly relative! Surely not!

The only reason my husband did not chase up after his mother to find out what happened to his grandfather's government bonds and shares in various companies including a well known tobacco company (a JW with shares in a tobacco company!! ) is that we didn't want her going to jail, as she indicated the estate was just a few thousand under the inheritance tax threshold when in fact it was way, way, way over and as she had power of attorney (unregistered) she had 'transferred' everything to her own account a few months before the grandfather died.

Tax fraud is not viewed kindly, and my husband did not want to know that his mother was in jail because of him even though she probably robbed him of at least another thirty plus thousand pounds at least.

So, the Anglesey case doesn't surprise as JWs are not better and if anything can be worse than others simply because of the holier than thou attitude.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

"...and on the sixth day, God created baseball bats, and it was good." -- Sopranos 3:16

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

It has always puzzled me why offspring think that have a moral right to any money that their parents might leave. The most sensible parents are the ones who spend the last asset dollar they own the day before they die.

As to Anglesey. I remember in the late 70's when there was a sort of exodus from the South East where I lived to move there. It seemed everybody was excitedly leaving town and if enough people moved to Angelsey, it would trigger Armageddon. The people I remember moving were a motely collection who had trouble holding down regular work and had far too many children, possibly because they either could not afford condoms, or were attracted to the monthly subsidies from the government for each smelly child that they produced.

As you can tell, I am in a good mood this morning.

HS

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

The people I remember moving were a motely collection who had trouble holding down regular work and had far too many children, possibly because they either could not afford condoms, or were attracted to the monthly subsidies from the government for each smelly child that they produced.

Ok, that's just too funny!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit