This week's book study and UN

by beroea 9 Replies latest jw friends

• beroea
    beroea

This week’s book study

This night I went to the book study local this area. Isaiah’s book are the subject.

Chapter 9 § 29 says. Jehovah’s servants of today are not in union with religious organisations and do not put confidence in political organisations.

A lot of comments from the brothers and sisters said that we can’t serve two masters and must stay clean of this world. So “we” are the clean ones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO ONE KNOWED WE HAVE BEEN IN BED WITH UN.

BEREOA
    A voice from Europe

• zev
    zev

maybe if i go tonight, i could make my one and only comment for the year.

"exscuse me mr. b.s. conductor, but the wtbts has been rididng the beatsie......care to explain that?"

-Zev
    Learn about the Wtbts and the U.N.
    ** http://www.geocities.com/plowbitch69 **

• ISP
    ISP

Now that doesn't surprise me! Dubs not knowing what is going on!

ISP

• VM44
    VM44

...but they would say..."We are not putting confidence in a political oranganization, we
    just wanted to use the UN library!"

I was wondering what book was being studied now at the Book Study meetings.
    Is it Volume 1 or 2 of the Isaiah book?

--VM44

• Doc_jedd
    Doc_jedd

.....volume #1 ........ i dont believe anyone in my cong. knows about the U.N. thing either .......if they do they arent talkin about it........... but then again i havent been to a meeting in 3 weeks.........Jedd

• zev
    zev

tsk tsk.....
    dear old dubby wife asked me to sit and read it with her tonight.
    "it was hard" she said.

i balked.

"i aint reading that trash."

how do you think i'm gonna sit through a book study, with a 6 pack in me and not make un comments?

jesus! i'm so mad tonight.

-Zev
    Learn about the Wtbts and the U.N.
    ** http://www.geocities.com/plowbitch69 **

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

::::how do you think i'm gonna sit through a book study, with a 6 pack in me and not make un comments?

You don't know till you try!! :-)

• ISP
    ISP
    but then again i havent been to a meeting in 3 weeks.........Jedd

May I encourage you in your pursuit of truth!

ISP

• Room 215
    Room 215

The Isaiah book? What a tough slog! I feel sorry for anyone who's forced to sit through these weekly torture sessions, especially the youngsters. After years of being force-fed such hogwash mixtures of conjecture, fantasy, revisionist JW history and self-praise as this and the Daniel and Revelation books is it any wonder that so many kids bolt at the first opportunity?

Ever notice how after the final prayer at meetings such as these, the JWs abruptly change the subject and almost never discuss the meeting just concluded. They're relieved it's over and feeling pleased that by having sat through the ordeal they've made another installment payment on their New World homestead!

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster
    Ever notice how after the final prayer at meetings such as these, the JWs abruptly change the subject and almost never discuss the meeting just concluded. They're relieved it's over and feeling pleased that by having sat through the ordeal they've made another installment payment on their New World homestead!

What an excellent point! I never thought about that but we ALWAYS changed the subject as soon as the meeting was over. We didn't talk about the material at all, before, after, ever. None of the kids that I grew up with did. How weird that I never noticed that before.

Slipnslidemaster:"The average person thinks he isn't."
    - Father Larry Lorenzoni

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit