Wireless Amber Alerts

by BlackSwan of Memphis 4 Replies latest jw friends

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PageServlet?LanguageCountry=en_US&PageId=991

Go here to sign your cellphone up for wireless Amber Alerts.
    Pass it along.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

In my job I'm working on delivering these alerts to digital advertising screens in big cities so the authorities can have the kids picture plastered around the city within minutes of them going missing. It'll probably be working Summer 2009 in the UK and New York.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis
    In my job I'm working on delivering these alerts to digital advertising screens in big cities so the authorities can have the kids picture plastered around the city within minutes of them going missing. It'll probably be working Summer 2009 in the UK and New York.

This is really awesome news ML. Please let us (me) know as soon as it comes alive. If you have articles regarding it's development you could point us towards that would be really wonderful as I would like post a link to it on my blog and our business blog. Thanks :)

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Nothing to show yet. We're still at the requirements gathering phase with the authorities in NY. I put together a proposed design myself. It's still early, and could change considerably yet. The idea is that a secure website will be availble to police/fbi/homeland security. They would have a google map kinda thing where they draw a shape around the area where they want the emergeny message displayed, then they pick the type of emergency (missing child, terror alert, severe weather, etc) Then a wizard will prompt them to upload photos and enter details. They'll pick how often to show the message in the selected area, and for how long. It will magically appear on all of the digital advertising displays our company sells that are installed in the selected area. I am really proud to be working on a project like this. The proposal for the missing child template will be questions like: Name, boy/girl, age, photo(s), clothing. last seen location/time, vehicle details, phone number to contact.

I probably shouldn't even be talking about it.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis
    I probably shouldn't even be talking about it.

Gotcha. Thank you for sharing what you have, I personally appreciate it and I think that it is very cool to be involved in a project like that. Good luck with it :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit