testing the holy spirit

by Iwonder17 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Iwonder17
    Iwonder17

Here is something that I have wondered if it would work. For this experiment, you would probably need to be single with not much family. You would also need to legally change your name.

What if you were DF'd. Then you move to another state far from your home. You are contacted in the door to door work and pretend not to have any past history with the witnesses. You "progress" up through baptism and eventually are made a MS. ( obvious a very long term plan, 3-5 years to make this work )

If MS's and elders are appointed by holy spirit, then this would be impossible, right?

Thoughts?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Right, in theory.

But the WTB&TS has "weasel worded" that expression. They say that what it means is that the scriptural requirements for servants were given in the Bible, and so following those requirements means they are acting in harmony with the Jehovah's Magic Spirit. In the JW world, every word and phrase is liquid.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Exactly Brother Nathan,

This serves as an escape hatch for any botched appointments. The appointment isn't really made by holy spirit at the approval stage by the governing body, even though that is what is implied. In fact, the governing body approval is a ridiculous rubber stamp procedure. The real approval comes from the circuit overseer.

The Oracle

• Ianua
    Ianua

I know several former JWs, who have been MS or Elder and who told me, that they have been non-believers for years before they left the wts. One or two of them were announced MS or Elder while they were cheating in their field service reports, not studying and so on. It was false front, but the holy spirit didn't recognize...

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

Ianua, Do you know me?- Because thats exactly what happened to me. And by the way having wasted half my life with this horse manure, the results of the experiment would not be worth 3-5 minutes, never mind years.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Recently the society admitted in The Watchtower that they have no more Holy Spirit than the rest of the witnesses. So, what does that tell us? They say that they have no more insight into the scriptures than other any member has. And yet they have talks on the District Convention all about Holy Spirit. They baptize new ones with the question about God's Spirit Directed Organization.

This alone tells us that The Watchtower Society Writers in the Writing Department must be talking about some other spirits, you know the kind found in the bottle,the kind of spirits that Joe Rutherford drank 24/7.

Blueblades

• VM44
    VM44

As jawhawk1 used to sign his posts....

"Hand me that whiskey, I need to consult the spirit."-J.F. Rutherford

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

Appointed by holy spirit my arse! When asked if i would be a MS, I agreeded then went home later that evening, when family was sleeping i went outside with my spirit, 151 Rum and smoked a cigar, so much bs about the HS stuff, its not real and never has been!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit