Well, I finally did it.

by mavie 3 Replies latest jw friends

• mavie
    mavie

I finally contributed to a presidential campaign. During my Witness years I could never understand why people would give up their money for such a passing transient thing such as a presidential campaign. Don't they understand that the President will only be in office for 4 - 8 years and then the next one will most likely extinguish any good work they had done?

Well, after leaving the dubs and realizing this is it, this is all we have then observing the apathy with which the majority of the American people exhibit towards their democracy I told myself I needed to get involved. Democracies only work when the people exercise their rights.

Get out there and get involved, for America's sake.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Good for you!

Every since my exit I have been donating to other organizations, charities, etc..

It makes me feel good.

• FreudianSlip
    FreudianSlip

Good for you Mavie!

• Bubblie
    Bubblie

I hope that means you registered to vote as well. That is an empowering thing to think you can be a part of something that was taken from you when you were a witness. I love being involved in the political process now. It also makes me feel good to drop money in a bucket or buy a ticket to help out a good cause. You are part of humanity again. Good for you!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit