Donations - child abuse compensation pay-outs.

by jambon1 8 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• jambon1
    jambon1

Do you think any active JW's realise that their money has been used to compensate abuse victims and NOT for the World Wide Work?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

probably about 1% know that abuse payouts actually exist. The rest ignore and/or deny that such a thing occured

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

be like me, don't donate

• martinwellborne
    martinwellborne

i know taht my mother does not know!!

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Hi Jambon 1. I mentioned this very question some time ago. The answer was that the World Wide Work mony can be used to protect the Society's interest when it has to litigate issues that go to court.

I don't accept that answer because child abuse is a crime against an innocent individual. Such a crime committed by the Society's awareness and coverup of such crimes, they should not be allowed to use the W.W.W. Funds in their defense. That is not what the money is for. It's for Kingdom work.

I'm sure that the rank and file are not aware of this because many don't believe that the Society is guilty of such a coverup.

Blueblades

• Quandry
    Quandry

Probably not, but if they find out, their eyes will glaze over and they will agree that the FDS knows best how to use the money.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

They need to rename it the World Wide Pedophile Fund.

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

Anybody that tries to state fact will be labeled an apostate. Therefore, most JW's will here nothing of it.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    I don't accept that answer because child abuse is a crime against an innocent individual. Such a crime committed by the Society's awareness and coverup of such crimes, they should not be allowed to use the W.W.W. Funds in their defense. That is not what the money is for. It's for Kingdom work.

I don't have a problem with the victims being paid--that's the only compensation they're going to get. I do think that the amount paid should have to be disclosed to all congregations though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit