anyone in southern cali/la?

by gotcha 9 Replies latest jw friends

• gotcha
    gotcha

hello there...our fam is planning to go to la. i'm thinking of
    visiting the major theme parks like disney, universal studios,
    magic mountain (and maybe include sd). i was goin to ask if any of u have some suggestions on where to stay....where is the center to of the major points of interest. will it be downtown, near the airport or where? thanks...

• logical
    logical

Will you actually be allowed, as JW's, to go to those places?

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

gotcha,

You can stay right on the property at Universal Studio's in North Hollywood. While there you are not to far from the Sunset Strip aka Hollywood and Vine etc.

If you stay in that vicinity, you can head out to Valencia (about 30-40min) and visit Magic Mountain.

San Diego, almost anywhere you stay is convenient (if the traffic is moving)....I alway's like to stay somewhere on Mission Bay, or Downtown.

Have a great time.

DannyBear

• gotcha
    gotcha

log...they wouldnt care i think heh

thanks dannybear....if every i stay in the north hollywood vicinity
    how far would that be from anaheim?...

thanks again

• Farkel
    Farkel

: thanks dannybear....if every i stay in the north hollywood vicinity
    how far would that be from anaheim?...

It's quite a ways, actually. Without traffic, it's about a 40 minute drive on the freeways.

Don't forget Knott's Berry farm in Buena Park. It's very close to Disneyland. Forget the new "California Adventure" park in Disneyland. It sucks. Concentrate on the original park there. It's better than ever.

If you're going to get down to San Diego, let me know so maybe we can get together if you will have time.

Farkel

"When in doubt, duck!"

• gotcha
    gotcha

fark!! thanks thanks!! i'll let you know when everything is final!!
    i'm still a bit confused on where to go..

• CaliGuy
    CaliGuy

If your goin to SD the beach areas are the best. Pacific Beach, La Jolla, Mission Beach. They are all good places to stay.

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Olah!

I'm from all over the place in so cal.

If you want to experience the best of Hollywood, email. I love playing tour guide

• Princess
    Princess
    Forget the new "California Adventure" park in Disneyland. It sucks. Concentrate on the original park there. It's better than ever.

I was there in September and loved it. I've been to both Disneyland and California Adventure twice and highly recommend both. Don't listen to Farkel, he doesn't know anything.

Mulan and I stayed right across the street at a Marriott. It was really convenient, we walked everywhere with a four and six year old.

Have fun!

Rachel

• Mulan
    Mulan

I don't understand someone saying California Adventure sucks. It was really fun and has the best roller coaster ever!! (California Screamin') I also went onto the set of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire and everyone plays. Real prizes too. Very fun! There was a Hawaii area, because of the movie Lilo and Stitch, carnival games and a beautiful Merry Go Round. We had a great time!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit