I'm back from my cruise!!

by littleblueuk 1 Replies latest jw friends

• littleblueuk
    littleblueuk

Hi everyone!

I am back from my cruise, hair all braided and all tanned and relaxed. Thanks for telling me to go. I did have a brilliant time. Only had one discussion with my mum about religion.

I met a cruise boyfriend as well. Sexy man from Chicago -- only 700 miles away from me. :( We clicked right away and went on excusions together. We took my mother and sister along with us in Belize and my mother had to admit that she liked him. By the fourth night I was bunking in his cabin, but despite what my mother thinks, we didn't do much. I just had to get away from my sister's snoring. Anyway, my mother said to my sister, "guess Diana's shacked up with Dave. Doesn't surprise me." Guess she thinks I'm a ho. But I don't care. I had fun. I am young(ish) single and my son is away for the summer so my attitude is I can jolly well do whatever I can. Do long distance things ever really work??

But let me tell you about the conversation we had. Actually, it was my sister. I showed her in my mother's bible the NWT in Revelation 1 where it talks about God and the scripture, I was dead, but now I am living. I got my sister to ask my mom who was talking. She said Jehovah. She read another scripture. Who's talking now? Jehovah. Then the clincher. I said, who's talking there? When did Jehovah die?

She's like, he didn't. It's Jesus. Then I said read it again. And she did. And then there was silence. She put the Bible down and said, I'll have to ask.

I felt bad....

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Glad you had a great time, and things went rather smooth with mom.

Seems like a long, long cruise. How long was it, it seems like 3 weeks at least.

Wish we could see some pictures....

h4o

edited to add: great job with the scripture, I'll have to remember that one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit