I notified my doctor that I wish to take blood

by B_Deserter 4 Replies latest jw experiences

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

I signed up for a GP and there was a question on the forms about any cultural/religious considerations when it comes to medical treatment. I checked yes and wrote "Parents are Jehovah's Witnesses and may try to stop a blood transfusion. I wish to have a blood transfusion if medically necessary." So there it is, in black and white. If I get in an accident and can't speak for myself, the KH has no legal basis to block a blood transfusion, as my wishes are clearly stated in my medical document.

• oompa
    oompa

OMG!....I was in a bit of a sucky accident today...nothing major, but had to update my medical profile at the docs and did the same thing!!!! brudda deserter friend........oompa

• blondie
    blondie

I would also suggest drafting and signing a health care power of attorney, designating someone who will adhere to your wishes when you are unconscious. Make sure that your wishes are on your file (ask to seek it changed and in all places), check with the hospital too to see that your records are updated.

Blondie

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light

Hmm you just gave me a good idea. We should make taking a shot of goats blood a ritual before every apostameeting to route out any moles (and have a tasty treat).

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I did the same thing and also went as far as acquiring a new Power of Attorney "without any JW's" on it as Blondie mentioned.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit