Do you know any books written by Jehovah's Witnesses?

by paradisebeauty 14 Replies latest jw friends

• paradisebeauty
    paradisebeauty

I found once a list on the internet on novels about the new world written by Jehovah's Witnesses.

Don't seam to find it anymore.

Does any of you happen to know any novels about the new world?

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

I don't know if this is exactly what you're looking for or not.

Jehovah's Witness Science Fiction novel

THE MONORAILS of MARS

“The Monorails of Mars” is certainly quite a creative, eclectic, amusing, and provocative work, on many levels. It combines a graphically descriptive narrative like that of Wilbur Smith, the unnerving twists and turns reminiscent of Alfred Hitchcock, and the degree of cosmic fancifulness of the classic series “The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy” and “Dr. Who” (although “The Monorails of Mars” is absolutely a unique and distinct work). It uses clever hyperbole in daring to compare rational objectivity against Orwellian-type, corporate-run American “religion” (referred to generically in the book as the “Tower” Society). It takes a cynical look at the monarchial leadership of contemporary evangelical corporate societies using somewhat macabre black humor to convey a deliciously cathartic irreverence – which many would find most fitting, deserved, and gratifying given the deceitful, self-serving shenanigans still very much alive within exclusivistic, parochial, high-control fundamentalist groups. The material is worded, organized, and presented in the manner of an astute and seasoned novelist. The content is divided into brief chapters to provide sufficient variety to keep the flow fresh and free from monotony or stagnation. The uniquely personal artwork has a stark sophistication which lends itself to the raw yet pensive theme woven throughout. The overall flavor exudes cerebral intrigue wrapped in old-school sophisticated banter yet liberally garnished with raw visceral descriptions. This book will surely satisfy the palate of any traditional or contemporary reader, and it is particularly geared toward rational, thinking folks who dare to question the operation of mind control and religio-corporate hypocrisy. Terry Walstrom’s book is an excellent and riveting read for all types and ages!

• gone for good
    gone for good

Watch How We Walk by Jennifer Lovegrove 2013

This book made it to the long list for the 2014 Giller Prize for Literature here in Canada.

I got it from our local library last fall and enjoyed the read.

Everything that happened within this JW family, happened to my family -everything.

I made sure to tell the librarian that it is a very accurate depiction of the private pressures, that being JW thrusts upon ordinary families and that the end is sadly too realistic.

Don't join this cult -if you're already in , leave now.

• r.a.m.
    r.a.m.

I'm not aware of any published fiction by Jehovah's Witnesses. As a JW I remember some poorly written short stories that circulated about the new earth.

If you interested in fiction written by mentally-diseased apostates, I have a novel called Paradise Earth: Day Zero. It deals with the end-of-the-world filtered through JW beliefs.

I've also written a JW romance, Happiness, Next Exit. I don't have word from the publisher on a release date, but it will be this year.

• Slave4_38y
    Slave4_38y
    Big J wrote a fictional book called "The Bible". The plot is incoherent and the characters lack depth.
  • Kenneson
    Kenneson

Here are a few books written by Jehovah's Witnesses:

"Jehovah's Witnesses, the New World Society" by Marley Cole; he also wrote "Triumphant Kingdom"

"Faith on the March" by A.H. MacMillan

"Jehovah's Witnesses: The African Connection: Unprecedented Preaching" by Firpo Carr; he also wrote some other books

"Facing the Lion: Memoirs of a Young Girl in Nazi Europe" by Simone Arnold Liebster

"Cotton: A lambs tail (Cotton for Jehovah's Witnesses children) Book 1 by Mary Rucker

"O'er the ramparts they watched" by Victor V. Blackwell

There are other books besides these.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Pretty sure this is the Joe Horan Who was an astrophysicist (or some such) in my cong growing up. He was a convert (my mother did the deed) in his 20s, he's still in or was about 6 years ago when i met him last.

I doubt they are about "the new world" though LOL...

• paradisebeauty
    paradisebeauty

Thank you all very much for the resources, I will look for those books.

r.a.m., it will be interesting to hear about your book, hope you will post a link when it gets out.

• Mad Irishman
  • Mad Irishman
    Mad Irishman

Oh, and crime novelist Mickey Spillane was a famous Jehovah's Witness. I remember seeing him talk about it on 60 Minutes several years ago. No "New World" stuff in here though. Just pulp fiction.

Mickey Spillane on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Mickey-Spillane/e/B000APA186

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit