4 corners - The God of Broken Hearts

by winnie 7 Replies latest jw friends

• winnie
    winnie

Thought this might be of interest.

Uncannily similar to Jehovahs Witnesses.

http://www.sydneyanglicans.net/forums/viewthread/3411/

• Aphrodite
    Aphrodite

I was just watching that on the teev, thanks for posting the link.

Really i think it would be worthwhile to contact Four Corners to get them to do a story on the Witnesses, its so similar its uncanny.

• Aphrodite
    Aphrodite

Here is a link to the actual story.

http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

yep, Mrs Ozzie and i saw it and we both thought of the parallels to the WTS, especially the shunning and breaking up of families.

Notice how God spoke through th elders? Now where have we heard that before?

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

It dawned on me just this morning that if the federal government kept track of how many exjws are diagnosed with PTSD and similar mental illnesses, that they would go after religious cults like the WTB&TS. It has to be costing the healthcare system a ton of money. They've gone after the tobacco companies for all the of the healthcare paid for smoking related illnesses by Medicare and Medicaid.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    if the federal government kept track of how many exjws are diagnosed with PTSD and similar mental illnesses

Officials in the state health department are aware of this from their own statistics - still the WTS are 'the untouchables'.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Officials in the state health department are aware of this from their own statistics - still the WTS are 'the untouchables'

So were the cigarette makers for many years, and look what's happened to them.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Freedom of religion is a cornerstone of America. You really have to go off the deep end and get the majority of the American public upset (as in the Texas polygamy cult) before the government will act.

On the other hand, the government will mess with businesses (like cigarette makers) much faster than they will try to regulate religion. So crazy religions have, can and will thrive in America.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit