The Revelation book?

by Layla33 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Layla33
    Layla33

I just came back from a weekend visit with my parents and I noticed this book all over - it gave me a bad feeling for some reason. Now, I only came after the book study was over since they have it at their house, so that's another reason why it was probably left out. However, I consider this apocalyptic cult a concern and one of the reason I scan on here from time to time is to keep to date on what is going on. I have always felt that as time went on and it became abundantly obvious that the sounding of the Armageddon bell was completely untrue and inaccruate, that they are going to step up their lunancy with some type of high level cult activity like asking people to leave their homes and move to a JW compound or something along those lines.

Anyway, I am digressing, what is this book about? Is it more indoctrination or has it been stepped up a bit? When I left 18 years ago, Revelations was this super secret book that everyone was told was extremely difficult to interpret. Back then I surmised it was a set up for them to then go about giving their own interpretation. Anyone care to give a briefing on it? It would be much appreciated.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

even I have a hard time understanding it.

they've studied it about 3 times.

seems like every verse in the revelation book had 3 fulfillments.

1) past

2) present (JW org)

3) future

it is a self glorifying book

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Layla - this book unlocks all or most of Revelations secrets for you. It is a step by step breakdown of each verse - don't forget that beautiful artwork. It speaks about the UN, the king of the North/South, The great Anglo-American ally, and a whole host of hog wash.

It's supposed to be a very deep / meaty read - half the people didn't understand the figurative aspects of it.

Oh and don't forget the drumming of the 144 000.

Something about horses / riders and the treading of the wine press - got to do with the prophets/brothers of christ that have been killed & god taking vengence.

Then the four horsemen and what each one represents.

The signs and wonders in the sky - there is discussion if these would be literaly or not.

(not doing too bad from memory)

It's all BS in the end.

• jgnat
    jgnat

It is eye-rolling boring. Simply replace all the "good guys" in the book with the "Watchtower Bible and Tract Society" and all the bad guys as "Evil Christendom, world powers, and Babylon the Great" and you have the book about summed up. Apparently everybody except them is going to suffer a humiliating demise.

yaaaaay

I think they are a week or two from being done. I can barely wait.

• sacolton
    sacolton

The book is a joke. They compare the "Mark of the Beast" being those who salute the flag or say the Pledge of Alliegence. It doesn't explain why not doing those would keep you from buying or selling as shown in the scripture. It doesn't elaborate and it just spews out these no-thought interpretations.

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

It's filled with a lot of "As we have already established from our interpretation of that other scripture, it is obvious that we can interpret this scripture this way. The reason we can, is obviously because we already interpreted the first scripture that way, and let's not forget we know what we're talking about, since we're the Faithful And Discrete Slave, as we have already established by pointing to how our interpretation fits with another of our interpretations. So, as you can see it all makes sense when you trust us and our interpretations, and presuppose that they're correct.".

-That was probably not verbatim, but not too far off either...

• strawberry cake
    strawberry cake

This book is an abomination to any thinking (post brainwashed) person. What is written in it 'beggars belief'.
    xxx Strawberry Cake.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

The WTS interpretation is based on a false premise.. Rev1:10, that it all is fulfilled beginningh in 1914 in the WTS and its activities.

If you take away 1914 you take away the misconception, and the Revelation can be interpreted however anyone wants. My Bible has a commentary with 3 different schools of thought about Revelation.

The WTS is deluded that everything in the Bible was fulfilled in them...

Hope you had a good visit with your family otherwise... I'm glad they're not shunning you...

• still_in74
    still_in74

the Seven Trumpet blasts were a sereis of seven "proclamations" made by Rutherford at 7 consecutive District Assemblies back in the 1920's. Ya, God himself prophesied through John 2000 years ago the assinine ramblings of an ego-maniacal drunk!

Even better, everyone and everything is the 144000 annointed. Serious everything in Revelation are the annointed.
    Of course the 144k are, the 24 elders are, and now the generation are also the 144k.

The Great Crowd are in Heaven but actually on earth.

The 144K are "sealed" in 1914 in that they are "assuredly" going to be sealed one day, they are singing before the 24 elders (themselves) a song.
    The COMPLETE 144K are singing, but they are only there symbolically, but it is as if they are there because those still on earth that are yet to be resurrected to heaven are "living with heavenly life in view". As for those singing the song in 1914 before themselves, who were not even born yet, or perhaps have yet to be born, these ones, uhm..... well, Jehovah has purposed the 144k to be complete so it is as if these phetuses and sperm and eggs have actually lived long lives, died, and have been resurrected retoractively to 1914 to sing the song no one was able to master before the 24 elders, er, themselves....

yes this is the most rediculous book that has ever been printed. And this is only the BS I remember!!!!!

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

I think the trumpet blasts are district conventions. Truly monumental events, huh?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit