Idea for low-key Birthday celebration for a fader

by B_Deserter 4 Replies latest jw friends

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

As you can see, I'm a few days from being 26 (which means I've been posting on here for a little over a year now), and I want to do something for it. Problem is, I'm fading. Anybody have ways they celebrated their birthday while fading?

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings BD:

Happy Birthday to-come!

A couple weeks ago friends offered me a party, but I told them their company and dinner would be enough. It was just 6 of us. They ended up doing the cake and candles and "Happy Birthday to You," which was weird but great.

I'm not willing to go overboard and risk my fade ... not yet, anyway.

CoCo

• RavenManiac
    RavenManiac

Oh, yes. Just go to dinner with friends. Or a happy hour. Find a neutral place. You'll find that you enjoy yourself and your company. It gets easier and easier with time. Happy Birthday.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Happy Birthday!

hope4others

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The main thing to beware of is that, if you have too many decorations, the hounders might stop by unexpectedly. They think they have the right to show up at any time of the day or night, disrupt whatever you are doing, and expect you to be ready for field circus or the boasting session. Otherwise, you can just have a few people for the event and a nice peaceful dinner with cake and ice cream.

And, if Brother Hounder shows up, tell him that he has no right to intrude on you at any time, without notice, and expect to be able to waste huge chunks of your time for no reason. Just take a Bible to 1Thess 4:11 and have him read it. And then have him do what it says.

Happy birthday!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit