How do you now interpret the Lord’s Prayer?

by still wondering 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• still wondering
    still wondering

For those of you that have survived and come through the Great Tribulation of having been a member of the wts and still have a faith in God, how do you now interpret the Lord’s Prayer?

Just what do you think Jesus meant when he said "Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven"?

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

Hmm, good question - tagging to read responses.

• zeroday
    zeroday
    Just what do you think Jesus meant when he said "Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven"?

After 28 years brainwashed on the inside I began to study the origins of the bible and its characters I have come to the conclusion that God and Jesus are nothing but myths so it means nothing to me...

• Narkissos
  • Kosonen
    Kosonen

I was tought since childhood that JWS do not pray Lord's prayer, because we are not allowed to repeat the same thing over and over again. They have said we should not anymore pray that His will take place in heaven because it has already taken place there. So infact they do not want you pray this prayer. They want everybody stop pray this prayer. What will be the result? If all stop pray this prayer, this prayer will not be answered, God's will will not take place, His Kingdom will not come, His name will not be sanctifyed.

I hope you and everybody will continue to pray Lord's Prayer and I am sure our Lord will appreciate that.

• bobld
    bobld

What is God's will in heaven for heaven's sake.Who are we to tell the Big guy what to do.Look Billions of billions have been telling him for 2000 years.It's about time we send him some hearing aids. Maybe on the next space shuttle.Because obviously his hearing is shot.Maybe things are worse in heaven than on Earth,so we better stop this nosense of praying for something that we will regret.

Bob

• yknot
    yknot

While I too was warned not to use the LP as catchall prayer, the points of the prayer could be intertwined with what ever prayer was being said, especially the asking of forgiveness.

I still view as I did then.....a base, not a catchall, yet sometimes appropriate.

"Thy kingdom come (future event after the milennial reign), Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven (theocratic rule).

The question seems to be how is his will done in heaven?......I don't have much of a clue.

If I am missing something regarding the spirit of the LP please enlighten me......

Yep....still believing in God, Jesus and hs......Yknot

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

God's will to take place in heaven? That's first of all that Satan would be cleansed out from there. I believe he is not yet thrown down. Then to begin the heavenly ressurection. I do not believe it has yet begun. God's kingdom to begun it's reign from heaven. That's what we should ask for. The problem still is I believe, Jehovah God has not yet could take from every nation anointed slaves to be kings. So we can ask him change the world so that the good news could be preached in all the world. If you like see my webpage www.freewebs.com/scripturalanswers and you will find bible-based answers on many things.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit