Death,Destruction,Gloom, Oh my!

by jetery 8 Replies latest jw experiences

• jetery
    jetery

Isnt a religion suppose to uplift u and encourage u? when i was a JW(d'fed now) i remember sitting thru the meetings listening about death and destruction and how people were going to die who were not Jw. I was more depressed being one of Jw than I was when I was a Catholic. Even though the Catholics believe in a burning hell and I had believed in it too when I was one I wasnt nearly afraid of it like I was Armageddon. It seemed like Jw/GB message was always about how the people were going to die because they werent responding to the preaching work. I often wondered what would happen to those who never even heard of JW or who never been preached too. Why would a loving just God destroy those who never heard of Jehovah's Witnesses? Who wants to hear about dying and death all the time. I remember when my mother died most didnt attend her funeral because there was a CA the same day of her funeral. Some boldy told my step-father they werent attending because of the CA. We barely even was able to get a Jw elder to perform the ceremony until my step-father(non-Jw) threatened to get someone of his religion to do it. Then they changed their tune. Its sad when u have to get someone of another religion who would have done it without questions to perform the funeral. The whole time some were murmurring(cant spell) u see if she hadnt married a "worldy man" this would not be happening. Jw funerals are so boring anyone. One of the witnessess even had the gall to tell me that maybe its a good thing that she died anyway because when( not if mind you) my step-father is destroyed at armageddon she wont be here to see it. Boy what encouragement from people who thrive on acting like they are loving and kind. Its all a joke. All I ever heard thru out my time in the "truth" is people being destroyed. Its like they almost get a thrill out of it. And why? Or if it wasnt the doom and gloom sermon every sunday or the local need talk it was the Satan sermon. Everything that was done was a result of Satan. If I was depressed, It was Satan. If I was struggling financially,It was Satan. If I had doubts about certain teachings,it was Satan. So the question is, Did u ever get tired of the Death,Destruction, and Gloomy message?

• OtisBarker
    OtisBarker

Hell, bad.

Armaggedon, bad.

Everything bad, good!

It feels good to feels bad!

Otis

• godadist
    godadist

Satan Inc. is run by neocons and Republicans.

• Babylon the Great Employee
    Babylon the Great Employee

I absolutely agree! Religion should be about bringing out the good in people, coming together to celebrate their beliefs! Not coming together to condemn everyone not there to a fiery death at God's hand. That's truly why I stopped believing: I never thought a loving God would destroy people just because they didn't sit in the Kingdom Hall and listen to them complain about "worldly" stuff all the time.

It always goes back to the story of Lot's wife, how she looked back upon the wicked city as she was running away from it, so God turned her into a pillar of salt. I always thought that story was rubbish. Who wouldn't look back as a city was being destroyed by God? Who wouldn't look back on their home, their friends, all the death and destruction, and say, gosh, I feel bad it's all burning! That story is the whole basis of their smugness about "worldly people." Don't be like Lot's wife! Don't feel bad for them! Be glad they're all going to die! Rejoice in their destruction! Disgusting. How is that different from Islamic extremists cheering when terrorist attacks kill innocent people? It's not.

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

THAT'S ALL THE WTS HAS TO OFFER SINCE THEY DON'T HAVE THE TRUTH.

• BFD
    BFD

I hear ya jetery. About that a**hole who thought it was better she died you shoulda just said wouldn't have been better for step dad to die so he could get resurrected?

Idiots!

BFD

• StAnn
    StAnn

Alwayshere~Amen!

StAnn

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Pioneer--or die. Obey the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger--or die. Attend all the boasting sessions--or die. Stay out in field circus all day--or die. Tip the poor waitress at Starbucks with nothing more than a waste of paper--or die. (Poor thing!)

Any religion that comes up with that to keep people in line is not worth adhering to. I do not want to be threatened with death unless I pioneer or attend all the boasting sessions. What about the boasting sessions I missed prior to 198x when I started going? Am I going to die for missing those? And for not pioneering? What about the time I said the wrong thing at the door? If God is such a Tyrant that He would kill anyone for such "offenses", then He is not worth living under.

And I hope they don't succeed in bringing in even one of those poor waitresses at Starbucks or Tim Hortons into the cancer with those wastes of paper.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

That's sad....nice Witness for your step-dad....those Witnesses sound like losers....cant miss the assembly to bury a sister.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit