Question

by QuestioningEverything 8 Replies latest jw friends

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

I am having trouble getting my posts to show up, guess I'll get better with time. I have a question- Ray Franz wrote his book in the 1980's. He said that the GB used a 2/3's vote to enact new policies, etc. Is this still true today? Has the GB changed it up to make Franz look like he was being untruthful?

• changeling
    changeling

Your post did show up and I posted on it. Can you see it now?

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

Yes, thanks. Not very computer literate, despite working with them daily. Maybe I should get my 10 y old son to see what I did wrong. :)

• Terry
    Terry

What is interesting about such a fractionated vote is that Jehovah's communicating spirit is pitted against some obvious flaw in the Governing Body structure revealing disharmony.

Imagine 12 Governing Body members tuning in Jehovah's will and, in the process, 8 of these get to have more power in shaping policy than the other 4!

A Menchevik/Bolshevik dichotomy results in voting blocks at loggerheads---and yet--a most illuminating picture results!

In Revelation we read about Satan causing a war in heaven that results in 1/3 of the angelic hosts opposing Jehovah's will--leaving 2/3 majority in favor of Jehovah's policies!!

Is Satan's voting block operating at the Governing Body as well??

Makes you go: "...Hmmmmmmmm....."

Does that mean the 144000 heavenly judges could have as many as 96000 opposing votes and the will of the remaining majority will hold sway?

The whole point of ordinary HUMAN INSTITUTIONS having such a split ration is that humans aren't empowered by Holy Spirit and the Soverign Will of Almighty God.

I think this, if true, (2/3 vote) is one of the most revelatory arrangements demonstrative of the fallibility of this organization.

• changeling
    changeling

In Revelation we read about Satan causing a war in heaven that results in 1/3 of the angelic hosts opposing Jehovah's will--leaving 2/3 majority in favor of Jehovah's policies!!

Is Satan's voting block operating at the Governing Body as well??

Makes you go: "...Hmmmmmmmm

Hmmmmmmmmmm...indeed!

changeling :)

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Good point Terry.

Still the original question goes begging. Does the GB still adhere to this policy? I think it likely, but would love to hear from anyone who knows.

Jeff

• Open mind
    Open mind

It's not 2/3 of those present.

It's 2/3 of those still awake and not drooling.

om

• sacolton
    sacolton

So if Jehovah God spoke to them to declare "New Light", they would vote to see if it is worthy enough for print.

That's kinda like Moses scratching off a few commandments because he feels they aren't important enough.

• The Lone Ranger
    The Lone Ranger

I am certain that nothing has changed, about a month ago we had a WT on "Yielding" which basically means "give way" "Surrender". The WT conductor mentioned that in an Elders meetings (or committee) an Elder will yield if the other Elders agree on a matter.

Basically it’s another way of Voting, I find it almost amusing how they make their actions look theocratic but if someone else does it, they make it look worldly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit