Question

by QuestioningEverything 5 Replies latest jw friends

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

So, I've been reading and looking up stuff. I haven't had a chance to read the "crisis of conscience' yet but was wondering something. Franz wrote that book back in the 1980's right? The way of getting new policies in the Society are by a 2/3's vote? Has this changed as of 2008? Does anyone know if that is how they still do it? I was wondering if they tried to change it up based on the information that was in Ray Franz book to prove him untrue.

• changeling
    changeling

He has revised the book several times.

My edition contains the info on the UN scandal.

As for your point, I don't know, but he was explaining what went on when he was on the GB. Even if it has changed, what he experienced is valid.

changeling :)

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

I'm going to have to get the book. Didn't have it at my local library.

• The Lone Ranger
    The Lone Ranger

I am certain that nothing has changed, about a month ago we had a WT on "Yielding" which basically means "give way" "Surrender". The WT conductor mentioned that in an Elders meetings (or committee) an Elder will yield if the other Elders agree on a matter.

Basically it’s another way of Voting, I find it almost amusing how they make their actions look theocratic but if someone else does it, they make it look worldly.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Nothing has changed in print about the 2/3 majority vote of the GB. One significant thing though be pointed out, however. Things are not decided based upon 2/3 of those present voting, but upon 2/3 of the total members of the GB, regardless of how many people are present at the vote. So, for example if 7 of 12 GB members were present and the other 5 were lying in the infirmary braindead and drooling and crapping in their diapers and all present voted on a matter even though 100% of those present, voted the same way, even IF they were ALSO braindead and drooling and crapping in their diapers, the matter would not carry, crappy diapers or no crappy diapers.

This is all Bible-Based(tm).

Farkel

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy
    The way of getting new policies in the Society are by a 2/3's vote?

The visible organization of Jehovah is a mirror of the INVISBLE one. Therefore they do things EGGZActly the way He does. A two-thirds majority decides Jah's will, His Plans, and His Prophecies. If anytime the vote changes, then so do His will, plans, and prophesies!

Anyone wanna try the trinity out here? Jehovah and Jesus vote yes to resurrect the men of Sodom. A few years pass and then the Holy spirit and Jesus outrule Jehovah and decide to resurrect the sodomites. Then a few more years go and the holy spirit and Jehovah outrule Jesus and the sodomites go straight back into that hot ol' lake of fire........

They have no idea how rediculous they sound.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit