What goals do JWS have now?

by Fisherman 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

After being the org for years and years, one becomes accustomed to jw activties, weekly meetings, assbly, etc... It becomes a habit, a routine, and something that as a jw ,you just do. But one time jws had "spiritual goals" full time sevice, positions in the org. Do jws still have such goals ?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I think they have the same ones now that they always had, since that is what the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger continually puts in front of them in lieu of success in the world. However, once they reach those levels, the smart ones will become disappointed and realize that it is all for the birds.

I never had any spiritual goals myself. All I wanted was to serve within my capacity without being hounded too much. Doing that, however, was not acceptable to Jehovah (He is the greediest, most immoral Pig I have ever seen). As a result, He isn't getting anything at all out of me.

• Samuel Thorsen
    Samuel Thorsen

Some dubs still goes for MS og elder privilegies, but the enthusiasm in the congos are declining. This might cause trouble for the WTS in the near future.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Since when is climbing the ladder in the Slavebuggers Society a "spiritual" goal?? carm

• oompa
    oompa

I so want to bust some serious chops over this one...good post...A fairly young coulple I know...really pretty good friends....and elder and his wife...no kids...35 years old...he went to college enought to get a great job in a high tech industry....she goes BACK to school and is a specialized medical professional....they have a killer new home.....great vehicles and my fave....boats.....and there are a lot of elders I know is similar circumstances......

So why...WHY... it the end is STILL so close are they not trying to REALLY put the kingdom first?.....and neither is my mom and dad.....retired recently.....rollin in the dough...good pension and.....WHY are they not even AUX pioneers???....EVERY meeting used to be designed to make you feel like a worthless turd for not doin more....more dammit!.....is that even the case anymore??.........oompa

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

It should be to become anointed. Seek first the kingdom. Unfortunately almost nobody understands that of the members.

• Iwonder17
    Iwonder17

I agree with oompa....it drives me nuts to keep hearing how close the end is.... if it is that close then why not sell everything off, live in a 1 bedroom appartment and pioneer. Seems like a double standard.

• redredrose
    redredrose

Yeah, its not like it was before 1975 is it? Back then everybody was burning through their retirement money, selling everything they had to serve where the need is great... and being commended for it by the congregation and the pubs.

Of course when it was over, they had nothing and ended up struggling their whole lives AND were blamed for it by those same congregations and publications...can you say - HYPOCRISY?

Now, retirement money is no longer a dirty word, and you won't see anybody ridding themselves of their worldly property to go serve where the need is greater.

BUT, as I understand it from the posts on this board, the GB has now started another campaign against going to college. Can't they make up their freaking minds??

Again, can you say HYPOCRISY ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit