Crazy accident in my city today

by frozen one 5 Replies latest jw friends

• frozen one
    frozen one

I'm sure everyone has met semi-trucks hauling large pieces of construction equipment while driving down the highway. Ever considered what would happen if that equipment came off the trailer?

The machine came off the truck to the left, bounced over the barrier, flew over the gap, hit the barrier on the freeway opposite, and landed in the grass below. I don't think anyone got killed but Holy Crap! Can you imagine driving down the road and seeing this unfold!

More photos here: http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/photography/includes/gallery.cfm?id=633

• IP_SEC
  • kwintestal
    kwintestal

The driver was obviously going too fast around the bend. When the weight of the machinery shifted, the chains holding it in place snapped and the thing rolled off. That would definately scare the pants off of me.

Kwin

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg
    The driver was obviously going too fast around the bend. When the weight of the machinery shifted, the chains holding it in place snapped and the thing rolled off.

From reading the article, it more looks like he didn't realize there was a traffic signal at the intersection right before the cure and bridge. He hit a car in the intersection and then bounced against the wall, snapping the chains and knocking the scraper off and over the bridge. Too bad, that driver is screwed. Lucky no one was hurt, according to the article.

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

That is Crazy, some people need to learn how to drive.

• eyegirl
    eyegirl

That must be up by the crazy 35 interchange. I always hated that intersection--blech!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit