I am going to expose the WTS to my son....

by nomoreguilt 9 Replies latest jw friends

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

This friday, my younger son and his new girlfriend will be coming by for a visit. Now, I haven't seen him in almost a year, and have only spoken to him once on the phone since. We kinda had a rocky road after my ex and my divorce 6 years ago. Well, he got divorced, and df'd since mine and has had some issiues to deal with in the past. However, things are looking up for our relationship and I am very thrilled over this.

I know that his mother likes this girl, as I have been told by his older brother. My ex never approves of anything that isn't jw connected, but, she doesn't want to rock her sons boat at this stage of his life. She is always holding out hope that he will return to the borg.

He got re-instated a year or two after being df'd, however, he doesn't go to meetings and I think that his girl friend isn't a jw, hope not. So, anyways, I am going to feel him out on his feelings about the borg. Maybe hint around if he has seen JWD or any like forum. If I feel the time is right, I may just fill his ears for him, kindly though.

Any suggestions would be appreciated..

NMG

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

Sounds like a good idea.

• bluesbreaker59
    bluesbreaker59

I think its a great idea and something that I would recommend doing. He needs to know the REAL TRUTH... IF, and ONLY IF, he is considering going back, or if he has any "borg traits" left. Perhaps you could encourage him to grow a beard? Or maybe you guys could go hit the bar together? Have a real father to son chat. I know if he respects you like I respect and love my father, he'll listen. My father is still an elder, BUT, we avoid the religion subject, and are trying to somehow have a "normal" relationship, but its very tough.

• The Lone Ranger
    The Lone Ranger

go for it! it sounds like the WTS has done half the job for you allready.

• changeling
    changeling

Do it gently. You raised him as a witness. Even though he may not be active, he may still believe it's the truth. When you unmask it for him he may feel like you've pulled the rug out from under him (that's how my kids felt). If you do this right, he still may be shocked and turned off at first, but he'll eventually come around.

All the best,

changeling :)

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

Hope you have better luck then most of us. Tell him to do research on their predictions of the "End of the World." Again lots of luck.

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

I hope he takes it well too. I'm glad you are being careful and plan to test the waters before filling his ears full.

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

Mentioning apostate websites would scare me if I still thought it might be the truth. Perhaps base your thoughts on the bible itself...

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

I like the BEER thought...I know that we'll probably have a few drinks to start. He enjoys drinking with dad, although it's been awhile. And yes, changeling, I'll be gentle, thought of that first off. I'll update this thread on saturday for all interested.

NMG

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

I think that the best thing you can do is for your son to see how happy you are in your current situation. As I remember, things were pretty tough for you in your first marriage. Your son will have to see the contrast in your life from when you were formerly in the Borg

As Clyde has said so often, "Living well is the best revenge." I really believe that is true. I know that our marriage has been so much happier since we stopped serving those men in Brooklyn, and the JW's can't figure out why.

Look for a pm....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit