Guilt!

by megs 7 Replies latest jw friends

• megs
    megs

Hello everyone,

I feel bad for my JW friend, I had been going to meetings, then he said he didn't feel comfortable e-mailing to me anymore... I stopped going to meetings and e-mailed him to tell him why... I'm sure he thinks he's lost a potential convert and now I'm just gonna die instead of living forever and the guilt made him "confess" that he's been communicating with a "worldy" woman who he didn't intend to marry... Arghhh!!! What is with this whole guilt thing?! I'm feeling guilty!! Is the poor guy gonna be relegated to the back of the kingdom hall for punishment?? Will he have to do some sort of penance for this "non" sin that I'm sure he's convinced he has committed?

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

yes, he most probably will have to do some sort of penanace... no witnessing for three days, no signing while the rest of the brainwashed sing, and most horrifying of all; he won't be able to stand in front of the vacant eyes of all his co-brainwash(ees) and read the bible to them... oh no what will he do with himself now??? :S

--the infamous one (of the did you miss me class?)

• Gopher
    Gopher

That guilt thing is a powerful tool the JW leaders can use over followers who really believe the organization is Jehovah's one-and-only way of contact with mankind.

The JW friend is feeling unnecessary guilt, if I read your account correctly. So what if someone to whom he witnessed didn't accept their doctrine? That happens all the time.

If his guilt is simply because he still has you as his friend, he'll have to make a decision about what he wants to do. You have nothing to feel guilty about. The JW's spray guilt all over the place, too bad you got some sprayed onto you!

I don't think though that he's really in serious trouble at this point. I don't see any offense for which they could put him out. However, the elders will make sure he knows they're watching him. (Aren't you glad you're not caught up in the mind-control games imposed by this religion?)

• changeling
    changeling

JW's have guilt down to a science.

As for your friend, if you guys just chatted on line I don't think he will suffer too much. All depends on his elders and on any priviledges he may have at the moment. But they will make him feel badly for talking to you, of that you can be sure.

The poster who said this:

yes, he most probably will have to do some sort of penanace... no witnessing for three days, no signing while the rest of the brainwashed sing, and most horrifying of all

was teasing you. Those are not real JW restrictions. I'm not defending the WT, just don't want you to get the wrong idea.

changeling :)

• megs
    megs

Thanks :) I honestly DO feel guilty! Poor guy is so proud to be a ministerial servant, as much as I think he's blind to the truth, I've been talking to him for 10+ years and really do care about him...

• DJK
    DJK

I think your friend is a nitwit and very clever at the same time. He found a way of dishing you without hurting your feelings.

Just my opinion.

• megs
    megs

LOL DJK, trust me... there were PLENTY of hurt feelings on both sides, you could say it got a bit nasty...

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Communicating? What do they always think it will lead to, even if it is blatant that no sexual attraction is involved?

I would definitely say now is the time to get out of that religion. If they are going to keep you from communicating with a worldly person that they have no intention of marrying (presumably it's a member of the opposite sex), then there is a pretty good chance that your everlasting celibacy is their agenda. If you are a "brother", they may even want you in that Value Destroyer Training School, and you should look up this thread http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/159793/1.ashx before going any farther.

I hope this is enough to make you walk out. It is the organization that should feel guilty, for sticking their foot in your affairs to prevent something that COULD lead to "fornication", but usually does not. I would rather feel guilty about continuing to associate with a religion that persists in bashing people for stupid reasons (and then doing something, like walking out) than feel guilty about beaking their rules.

Guidelines needed? Once you realize that the only necessary rules are so few (no initiatory force, threat of force, or fraud against others or their property) and guidelines so simple (any volitional action that is good for self or society is good; any volitional action that is bad for self or society is bad), you will need no further guidance from the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger, the washtowels they put out, or the hounders that assist in enforcing their rules.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit