Thank you (Re: congratulate Raindog)

by raindog 3 Replies latest jw friends

• raindog
    raindog

Hey,

I just want to thank everyone for your kudos. I can't express in words how much having access to a forum like this means to me. I am still amazed when I read these posts and see other people that have or are going through the same crap I went through. The education issue is huge for me because I went through the '75 debacle being told everyday that the world was going to end before I finished school, moreover, sucking out of me(and many others) any ambition and drive. For the first time in my life, I am enjoying being normal and I am proud of my accomplishments.

While on the education issue...I recently showed my parents the article from the '69 Awake, which states verbatim that the world would end before children in school would finish....I almost fell over when I got their response which was that an apostate snuck that line into the article...you cant make that stuff up folks!!! So, the newest JW answer for covering their butts is that an apostate is responsible for it. I felt like I was talking to the guy in the subway station who wears the tinfoil on his head and spouts off about conspiracy theories

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw
    I felt like I was talking to the guy in the subway station who wears the tinfoil on his head and spouts off about conspiracy theories

Yep, that's about what it's like when trying to have an intelligent conversation with them, sometimes the conversation doesn't even have to be intelligent

Anyway, welcome to JWD!

nj

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Raindog quote: "I recently showed my parents the article from the '69 Awake, which states verbatim that the world would end before children in school would finish....I almost fell over when I got their response which was that an apostate snuck that line into the article...you cant make that stuff up folks!!!"

Good gods, the frustration of that nearly makes me physically ill. Time to STEP AWAY FROM THE KEYBOARD! haha... I need to re-group after reading that.

Again, kudos to you, RainDog. You are the one who will find what you are looking for. We cannot salve the eyes of those who want to be blind.

Love,
    Baba.

• yknot
    yknot
    I almost fell over when I got their response which was that an apostate snuck that line into the article.

alt......how long have the been 'in'?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit