My day

by JimmyPage 4 Replies latest jw friends

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Went out of town this weekend. Wife wanted to attend a meeting while we were there so *sigh* we did. Interestingly enough this congregation had a display of old literature behind glass. I was able to explain to my Dub wife about the Egyptian symbols on the cover of one of Russell's books. This led to my explaining how he calculated the end in 1874 and 1878 using measurements of the Great Pyramid of Gizeh. I also mentioned the Freemason cross and crown symbol that used to be on the literature- and lo and behold- I found one and showed it to her. All in all a perfect opportunity to anti-witness. I hope these kinds of things eventually sink in with her. Anyway when I got back home I checked my e-mail. I have been talking to a DF'd guy whose brother has faded. He doesn't believe the WT is a cult though! I gave him a few reasons why I disagree, hopefully that will sink in as well. What an uphill battle this all is- but hopefully more people will keep seeing the truth about "the Truth"!

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Oh yeah, the WT conductor said in next week's lesson (about having kids) there is a thought that he has heard before but never seen in print. So I read the article- and there's absolutely nothing that I haven't seen before. Talk about wishful thinking in Dub Land. "Must find evidence that end is so close... it's been 130 years now..."

• Chameleon
    Chameleon

Wasn't the "don't have kids" idea big in the 60s?

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

bttt

• tfjw
    tfjw

The "don't have kids" idea was also big in the late 20's and the 30's. I was born in 1935 so I guess my parents ignored that garbage.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit