Went to Victoria Secret and had a flashback of Conventions...

by Layla33 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Layla33
    Layla33

This is probably silly, but I went to Victoria Secret to do my three month buy up of the usual female undergarments and it reminded me so much of the fake conventions and greetings.

HI! Can I help you today? (as you first step in) .

"No, thanks, just browing..."

Then two steps later - no more than three sales people directly in front of you, "HI, have you been helped today? Hope you are having a great day!"

"Thank you, but NO, thanks, just browing..."

So then I get to the thongs/panties/nighties/bras that I already know what I am getting

and I swear two more people come out of nowhere on either side -

"Do you need any help..."

"NO THANKS, I know what I want..."

Meanwhile two women that actually need help are patiently looking aimlessly around trying to get help finding something in their size...

It just brought back flashbacks of getting innundated with the fake greetings at the kingdom halls and conventions and being hounded.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Yes, but!!!

Did you buy any thigh-highs? or gartered stockings?

Regards,

Jim TX

• Satanus
    Satanus

Shows how wt org is just another corporation. Btw, think fishnets;)

S

• dinah
    dinah

I love Victoria's Secret, but the salespeople can be annoying. Let me find my panties in peace.

• Simon
    Simon

I find this story hard to believe. Please post photos to convince me ...

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

It just goes to show that all eager sales people are the same. Years ago I was browsing at a furniture store. After informing several salesmen of that fact, one started following me. He literally got hit in the face with the ladies room door when it swung back after I'd entered.

• amicus
    amicus

I remodeled a Victoria's Secret a few years back, sadly we finished our work before the grand opening...

But 2 years ago I helped remodel one of the local Nordstrum's. We were supposed to finish our sales floor projects before the daily opening but an emergency required that I change a few things in one of the womens dresssing rooms after they opened. After notifying the department manager that I was going to be in the middle of her dressing rooms for a while I went about my business, standing on a ladder mind you with a clear view over the partition walls. After the second woman entered, waved to me and asked if the dressing room was open I went back to the manager to say, "Ummm, you know people are in these dressing rooms. She said "Well, if they don't care I don't care". Dang was I embarrased , and no I didn't peek ! There weren't any sexual harassment complaints either so I guess alls well that ends well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit