We speak much of Healing, what is Healing?

by Celtic 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Celtic
    Celtic

We all hear it, healing non stop, what is healing by your definition and/or action? Do you practice healing, if so by which methods do you employ? Anyone here into reiki, tai chi, crystals, gestalt? Which meditation practices do you now employ?

When do you consider the facets of your life healed? Do you work by part or in holistic whole?

peace

celtic

• wonderwoman77
    wonderwoman77

Interesting questions celt. I have taken a tai chi class, and I love it. I think it is great relaxation technique. Healing is something i had to do, and still must do. I think you need to heal the whole person, or the healing will be ineffective. That of course is why I am going to be an occupational therapist. I knew when i was healed when I felt whole again. I however had life events, that have required me to be healed again. I think it is an ongoing process. I do tai chi, yoga, and muslce contraction techniques to relax and meditate....

• zerubberballz
    zerubberballz

G'day Celtic,

Healing is when we fix each other up.. you know after a fight .. like when I go to punch Kent in the guts but Farkel gets in the way so i kick him in thead and accidently elbow wasasister in the ribs spilling her dackari on Tina who flies off the handle at dannybear and belts him below the post etc..

healing: see: post traumatic stress syndrome.

• Tina
    Tina

heheheheh (((((9cheekygalah))))))))))) trips over galahs boots,spills her Martina and makes a new one hehehehhe.....luv ya kiwihead "> Tina healin and a howlin class

Jehovahs Witnesses,Proudly Serving Their Corporate Masters!

• Sirona
    Sirona

Hi Celtic

Its true that people tend to talk about healing a lot even though they often dont actually use any healing "techniques".

I suppose its up to the individual to choose what works for them.

Personally, I enjoy yoga and meditation. This helps me keep things in perspective and helps me keep stress away. I enjoy working on the chakras for healing - cleansing them. I use stones and essential oils, visualisations and affirmations. Going out into nature is healing, too. Prayer to the Goddess helps if Im feeling a little drained.

Sirona

• Okidok
    Okidok

Hi Celtic,
    Interesting subject. I am an acupuncturist and I am working with kinesiology, massage and practice a lot of Qigong. Yes I do some healing. But when it comes to healing and what its is, the simplest way to explain it, is to look to a mother who comfort her child with a injured knee, she just lay her hands and hold it over her child knee, as long as it take to comfort and relief the pain. Yes this is healing. Everybody is a healer. But if you are trying to heal somebody and in the same time are praying to Buddha, Jesus, Allah, Maitreya, Odin, Sananda, Jehovah, or another alien, you put some stress into the healing.
    The greatest healer in last century was a man from Norway. His name was Marcello Haugen. He was also a genuine clairvoyant. I live in the same area where he did, and many of my old patient tell me amazing stories about him…if you phoned him, he known your name and your problems before you even mention it.

"It takes two to speak the truth -- one to speak, and another to
    hear."
    ---Henry David Thoreau (1817-1862)

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Healing? I am assuming you are speaking of healing from the damage caused by the WTS? If so...

I've just come to the realization that my healing will be a daily process for the rest of my life. I've found that to be a relief actually. I don't have to hurry up and get better so I can move on with life. I can move on with life and get better at the same time. I don't feel rushed. So what do I do to heal? Several things...

1. Surround myself with people that understand what unconditional love is. That can help give me positive thoughts and encouragement when I'm not strong enough to do it.

2. Be gentle on myself. When I hear old tapes of low self-esteem come into my head, do everything to remove them and talk to myself in a more positive manner.

3. Help others. Sometimes the focus taken off of me, helps me realize I'm not alone in my struggle for truth and freedom. The chains of bondange the WTS created in my life get weaker when I share my talents (compassion/encouragement/love) with others.

4. Ask for what I need and want. Realizing others cannot read my mind has been a huge help. Nobody knows me well enough to know exactly what I need, when I need it. I must communicate my needs and desires in order for others to help me. (This was a huge factor in the failing of my marriage - I expected my husband to know what I needed without me telling him.)

5. Eat chocolate - the cure for many ails.

Andi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit