District Convention shortened to 2 days?!

by Prov1320 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Prov1320
    Prov1320

Pay attention, WTS bethelites assigned to read apostate forums, this is a great cost reduction idea:

Shorten the DC from 3 to 2 days. Why?

1. Save a considerable amount of money.
    2. Attendance is down anyway on Friday.
    3. Gas prices are still climbing.
    4. Most people deposit their donation on the last 2 days into the heavily guarded contribution boxes (I worked in accounts at the DC, so I know this is a fact), so the WTS will not lose any revenue.
    5. Will lessen the "burden" of people having to take time off work (the twist is that they can say this is a "loving provision" from Jah to help JWs help make ends meet).
    6. One less day for apostate protests outside stadium.

Comments?

Prov

• Farkel
    Farkel

prov,

:Will lessen the "burden" of people having to take time off work (the twist is that they can say this is a "loving provision" from Jah to help JWs help make ends meet).

Yeah, they'll probably say that. But that then begs the question, if people not having to take off work now is a "loving provision" from Jah, then what was it all those sixty plus years before? You know, where people HAD to take off, not just for Friday, but for up to a WEEK from work). One would have to therefore conclude it was a "shitty provision" from Jah for all those sixty years.

Tell Jah to make up his mind!

Farkel

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead
    6. One less day for apostate protests outside stadium.

Its true, apostate protests are less attended Fridays than other days. So this simplification would make our life easier too.

• Prov1320
    Prov1320
    Yeah, they'll probably say that. But that then begs the question, if people not having to take off work now is a "loving provision" from Jah, then what was it all those sixty plus years before? You know, where people HAD to take off, not just for Friday, but for up to a WEEK from work). One would have to therefore conclude it was a "shitty provision" from Jah for all those sixty years.

Farkel,

Then the same should be said when they eliminated the book study. What about all those people in other countries that travel 10 km in the rain, uphill both ways, without shoes. They must be really pissed that they had to do it for countless years before this new "loving provision" was provided. (actually, they still have to do it until Dec 08).

The same could be said when organ transplants were banned. What about all those who died as a result? Just goes to show that the WTS does not take ownership for their decisions.

Prov

• song19
    song19

I couldn't agree with you more hon... but for me, the convention, and I know you'll all going to gag here, was a time to look forward to... something special, different from our mundane routine of meetings and assembly days. To shorten the convention to just the weekend, would make it just another assembly day imo. Besides, before kids, I always arrived early and lingered late after the program to meet up with friends. No matter how you look at it, it's a social gathering and I loved meeting up with old friends. Actually, come to think about it, I guess they wouldn't have been actual "friends" since I only saw them once a year. Oh, so sad!

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

True Song,

Another reason they couldn't really be considered "frriends" is that they would turn on you quicker than a two-bit hooker - once they found out you don't believe in fairy tales any more. All friends must believe the SAME THINGS don't ya know?

Ah, yes the oh so wonderful conditional friendship of the brothers and sisters. I wonder how many real friends I really have inside the WT? I guess I will find out one day...

The Oracle

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Some can be shortened up to the vanishing point, since all the material is out of date, refried cat sxxx. However, that would make it that much harder for them to make up canned "experiences", record them onto MP3s, and have people set up as dummies to make it look like they are giving them. It would also mean more people getting real vacations instead of wasting their time at the Grand Boasting Session.

One a$$embly could have been shortened from two whole days to two whole sentences:
    Jehovah is the happiest person in the universe. And it's because He makes everyone else miserable."

I believe that, ultimately, every a$$embly could be shortened to a few sentences like that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit