All it took

by wonderwoman77 4 Replies latest jw experiences

• wonderwoman77
    wonderwoman77

Tonight at work (I work on at an information and referral network called the helpline) I had the best call. It was all it took to restore in me my desire to be an occupational therapist and my desire to be a good person. This guy called in with a traumatic brain injury as result of a car accident. He was having finacial troubles, medical problems. His dad recently died and he found his father dead. The man had lost everything important to him. He really just needed someone empathetic and to give him the benefit of the doubt and to be patient with him because he had memory and speech problems result from the injury. He thanked me so many times, even telling me that he was giving me a hug through the phone. It is when I can do this for a person that makes me want to continue.

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

I took a peek at some of your past posts,(I answered on your BPD one) and from what I see you will make a wonderful therapist, and you already sound like a wonderful person.

Welcome to the board and to life!!!

BITE ME, WATCHTOWER!!!

• wonderwoman77
    wonderwoman77

• celebrate
    celebrate

Wonderwoman77: I have to agree with dungbeetle! What makes you think you are already not a good person! Go for your dream, I am sure you will make a great OT == you already have the desire and the heart, you just need the skills!

GOPHER IT GIRLFRIEND!

• TheRecordCollector

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit