Hello! Update on me...

by megsmomma 7 Replies latest jw friends

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

Hi all! I have been laying low for a while, and wanted to say hi to everyone, and give a bit of an update. The past year I have learned to let go of my mom and step-dad. My mom wouldn't talk to me before, but my step-dad and I went through some conversations that showed me how ignorant he is.

(He has never been baptised, but blindly defends it even though he has no idea what he is talking about)

Anyways, I decieded that since it just upset me too much to deal with him, and since he accused me of just being bitter and apostate...I would not talk to him anymore. (this decicion came after he and my mom paid for my JW ex and his wife to visit them so the "cousins" could see eachother, not even thinking that I have another daughter too, and I could have taken them both to visit....if I wasn't shunned)

So...I felt better after making that choice, and tried to just accept life. However I deal with the cult because my 10 yr old is in it and I have to constantly find ways to plant little seeds with her so she has some hope of getting out. She just told me she has a job cleaning (after her dad drywalls a place, she helps go and clean it) and with all the college info being brought up and frowned upon again...I just want to counteract some things by talking to her.....so "Thanks" to everyone for giving out the info to keep me up to date!!

My 2 year old is keeping me busy, and I appreciate all the things I get to do with her and the decicions I get to make in her life. The first song she has learned to sing is "happy birthday"! It is surreal sometimes to have such freedom and not have guilt for such simple things!

One cool thing came about...I got my new tags in NC and they say "XWT" in the beginning! LOL! When I was a JW I had a plate that said "MYB 666"...now I have an XWT one...Love it!

Hope you are all doing good...you'll be seeing me more :)

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

Hey Megsmomma...

Glad you're doing well. It has been a while since we've seen you post!!! Moving on with your life is the best; I wish I had the courage to cut off my JW side of the family and move on. Good for you!!! I just don't understand how parents can still have contact with our ex's!?!? It just baffles me!!!! Any one in the "world" would not continue to have a relationship with their children's ex's. But I guess we are the "evil" ones, uh??

I hate that they are excluding your precious little daughter from meeting with the "cousins". It's probably for the best though. I hate your 10 yr old is being influenced in it. Maybe one day she'll choose to come to live with you and live a normal life!!!

Good to hear from you!!!

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

Thanks babygirl....

Yeah......The way they do things is beyond "normal"...and sometimes it shocks me to realize that if I didn't know what I know now....and no longer feel the guilt they wished I would feel...I would think they are right in doing it! Shhheeshhhhhh....It is messed up!

Thanks for the good wishes for my daughter. Time will tell, but I hope to help her as much as I can!

• snowbird
    snowbird

Good to have you posting again and to hear that things are working out for you.

Sylvia

• BFD
    BFD

HI MEGS! Glad to hear you're moving on. Love the new tags!

Good to see you! Now go sign up for Werewolf! I think it starts Monday.

BFD

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

Thanks Sylvia!

BFD...your such a pusher!! LOL! I am going out of town this weekend and my grandparents will be here to babysit...then staying for the week, so I will not have time for this game! Next one....promise!

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

I've been wondering how things are with you. I know what you are going through with JW family, I had to do something similar just this last week with my JW step mom and sister, hurts but it wasn't healthy what was going on with our relationship. Maybe a "cooling off" period will do us both some good.

Can't say I've missed you on werewolf - you always suspect me! lol

BB

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

BB....Haha, you always seem suspicious for some reason! LOL!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit