Wow!!! How my life has changed...

by Hecklerboy 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Hecklerboy
    Hecklerboy

Hello all,

It's been about a year now that I've posted on this site. So I thought I would catch you all up.

My life has been a rollercoaster the past year. Last year about this time I came home from a camping trip and found out my wife had been cheating on my for about 3 months. I was suspicious and eventualy found proof of it. We decided to try to save our marriage and went to counseling. It helped me find out allot about myself and my wife. However in March she handed me divorce papers and we filed them. So after 8 years I'm on my own again. I'm living by myself in an apartment and trying to enjoy life again.

It's really hard getting used to being alone again. Especially coming home to an empty apartment every evening. I'm staying busy with my karate classes (I'll get my blackbelt this fall) and working out at the gym in the evenings. I also bought myself a Harley Davidson and I'm riding it allot as well. Still doing the mountain biking however with gas prices it's cheaper to ride the Harley than haul the mountain bike to the trails.

I've been catching up with old friends and even had the chance to visit with an old witness friend that I haven't seen for 17 years. We talked allot about the organization and how we are both much happier now that we are out. I faded and he got disfellowshiped.

Not sure if I want to start dating anytime soon but I'm pretty lonely so I might give it a try.

Hope everyone is doing good and I hope to talk to some of you now that I'm back on my feet.

• Open mind
    Open mind

I was wondering where you'd been.

Sorry for whatever pain you've been through, but it sounds like you're pulling through OK.

Nice to see you posting again.

om

• sacolton
    sacolton

Welcome back, HB. Tell me ... your ex-wife, was she a JW when she had an affair? Did she get Disfellowshipped?

Glad your life has improved! Stick around!

• Hecklerboy
    Hecklerboy

No, my wife never was a witness and I was fading when we met.

She is actually a baptist. Adultery seems to run in her family. Her grandfather, dad, mother, and twin sister have all cheated. Her twin sister was cheating on her husband at the same time my wife was cheating on me. Weird huh?

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Hi there,

It's really hard getting used to being alone again. Especially coming home to an empty apartment every evening. I'm staying busy with my karate classes (I'll get my blackbelt this fall) and working out at the gym in the evenings. I also bought myself a Harley Davidson and I'm riding it allot as well. Still doing the mountain biking however with gas prices it's cheaper to ride the Harley than haul the mountain bike to the trails.

keeping busy is a big part, karate sounds pretty fun...sounds like you've moved on though nicely. You should be able to meet some nice friends even a girl or two. Take

your time...it takes about a year to move past the hurt to even want to date for some.

Cheers

hope4others

• mind my own
    mind my own

Sorry to hear about your tough year! Glad you are doing some things for yourself and trying to focus on the future.

Good luck completing your blackbelt, that is a huge accomplishment!

MMO

• Hecklerboy
    Hecklerboy

Thanks all,

The words of encouragement really help.

I'm also working on my Mechanical Engineering Degree. My company is paying for it so that keeps me busy as well. Although I've taken a litte break since all this has happened. I really need to get back on that.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Well, you certainly have had lots of changes, but you really seem to be coming out on top.

Congratulations on the education. I hope you are proud of yourself-you have a right to be.

It is great that you are keeping busy with activities that interest you.

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

Hey, at the bottom of your thread, at least on my screen was an ad...........Chinese Ladies For Marriage.......www.chnlove.com ..........

Why not check it out, seems like everything else is coming from China!

Outaservice

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

>>Hey, at the bottom of your thread, at least on my screen was an ad...........Chinese Ladies For Marriage

I know a guy who did that and they are quite happy and have a baby on the way ... :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit