More Harm Than Good?

by Gladring 7 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Gladring
    Gladring

I tried posting this a few weeks ago but it didn't work. The Jul 08 Awake has this to say in the "Watching the World" section. “More Harm Than Good”? “Blood transfusions with banked human blood may do more harm than good for a majority of patients,” says a report from Duke University Medical Center, in Durham, North Carolina, U.S.A. Studies have found that transfused patients have “higher incidences of heart attack, heart failure, stroke and even death” than those who were not transfused. Why? “Nitric oxide in red blood cells begins breaking down almost immediately after red blood cells leave the body.” Nitric oxide is crucial to keeping blood vessels open and thus allowing red cells to ferry oxygen to the body’s tissues. “Millions of patients are apparently receiving transfusions with blood that is impaired in its ability to deliver oxygen,” says the report. p.30 Awake! July 2008 The article they are quoting from is to be found here - http://www.dukehealth.org/HealthLibrary/News/10149 Some selected quotes from this article: "Banked blood is truly a national treasure that needs to be protected," "However, transfusions are still critically important"

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Yeah it's better to die then risk it I guess........some people have taken 20 bags of blood and survived to tell the tale....other Witnesses needed one bag and died....but blood fractions are okay!

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Selective quoting is their bread and butter. Welcome to the forum, Gladring.

The Duke researchers have the right attitude toward the problem. They're going to do clinical tests and find ways to put nitric oxide back into the blood. If everyone encountered problems the way the WTS encountered them, we'd all wring our hands in desperation. We'd give up too quickly.

• logic&reason
    logic&reason

I just read and compared both articles... The real one on the Duke website, and the yellow version in the Awake.

There is really no surprise factor anymore. I am getting used to seeing the selective quoting that the WTS uses to prove their point.

• Gladring
    Gladring

Certainly, not a surprise at all. I do find it interesting that, even though it's been pointed out to them many times, they continue with the same practices.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Like any other allopathic medicine, blood transfusions can do more harm than good when used indiscriminately. However, that is not the case for the one patient that is going to die or be left permanently impaired without the blood.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Thank you for this thread. When I read the Awake I was sure that it was a misleading quote again by the Borg. but I have not checked the original until you gave the link . For the record I have scanned the Awake.

alt

Now compare the full article and see what you think.??

http://www.dukehealth.org/HealthLibrary/News/10149?search_highlight=blood

• Gladring
    Gladring

What does bug me about this one is how subtle it is. It's just a Watching the World, not a main article, so many people will just pass it by. It will however reinforce any believers' ideas that they are right not to take blood and that up to date reports support that. Sneaky.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit