You know, I actually hope they'll come after me (college) + funky picture!

by Lady Zombie 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

Sorry for yet another thread about the college issue. I've been stewing on it though and it occurs to me that it's possible that eventually the college education issue can become a DF'ing offense in the hands of the right elders.

The GB purposely writes these vague recommendations to the BOEs that leave R&F JWs vulnerable to the individual interpretation of the elders. A liberal elder might look at it as just a suggestion and the decision would be up to the individual, whereas a hardliner elder may try to witchhunt JWs either going to college, or, who have already gone.

I personally know of a few who would take the hardline approach. These were the ones who came after my father when I graduatated High School and not only didn't pioneer, but instead started college (back in the late '80's). And this was years and years ago when it still was a conscious matter. They couldn't do anything to my dad except badger him but he shrugged them off saying that it was my decision and that since I was paying for my own schooling (which I was), he didn't have too much to say about it. One elder who was particularly obsessed with my college attendence told my dad that since I still lived at home, he should 'demand that I quit college or move out of the house.'

So I got to thinking; if this anti-college thing takes off and hardline elders start witchhunting JWs over either allowing their kids to attend, attending themselves, or 'promoting' college, I can also see them eventually targeting JWs who already have college degrees that were obtained while they were witnesses.

I don't think I'm being paranoid either.

Anyway, I decided that if it ever came to that and they witchhunt me, that issue is what will make me stand up, denounce the bOrg, and ask to be DF'd. I'll probably lose my family. Mom definitely, but dad may still talk to me. Who knows though?

This trend is not necessarily anti-college, it is pro-ignorance and I, for one, am extremely angry about this. I know of several JWs who not only went to college, but are still loyal to the bOrg. I'm not, but then again, that's just me. They know however that the odds are great that once a person becomes educated, they are harder to control. And that's what the bOrg is all about, complete control.

Those crazy old bastards in NY have to know what a stance like this is going to do to their precious organization (a divider). Additionally, they have to have some idea what remaining uneducated in today's society will mean to their loyal adherents. The only followers that will be left will be uneducated people living at or below the poverty line, and of course the new ones coming in from 3rd World countries.

This is such a load of bullcrap that it boggles my mind.

Hey, check this funky picture out! A friend of mine sent it to me, asking was this an illustration from the beginning days of the WT.

Beats me!

alt

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I don't think you are too far off of the mark. I would imagine that an elder or ms attending college or cooperating with his children to do the same will eventually result in the very least the type of marking that occurs when a jw child is forced to accept a blood transfusion by the courts or an umb. My jw aunt had a son who received a blood transfusion as the result of her unbelieving husband signing the papers to give permission (the court was going to intercede anyhow) about 30 years ago. She really is a hardcore dub, but to this day, it seems to me that she isn't accepted in the congregation. She's never been one of the popular ones and has been in trouble for even the most nominal communication with her df'd kids. One of her df'd sons takes care of her house and property, yet from what I've heard, she's been counseled about seeing him on a regular basis when he's there to take care of business. She was also turned in by her own jw "fleshly" sister, (my mom) for allowing her df'd kids to attend a wake at her house for her unbelieving brother. Personally, she is a very nice lady, and she REALLY believes in the WTB&TS, yet the only thing I can think of that would cause her not to be one of the popular ones is the blood issue, (which wasn't her fault).

• Satanus
    Satanus

I think that pic is from the church of bob, church of the subgenious. It's a spoof religion. Praise bob.

S

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Lady Zombie,

You are so right that the only people they will have left will be uneducated and making low wages. Low wages equal little or no contributions. I guess math isn't their strongpoint, eh?

I absolutely cannot believe they are still against college in this year 2008 A.D. or C.E.

What happens if bethel downsizes even further and the bright lights who are saying these things are sent packing to go live back in the cold, cruel world where they have to make a living???

LHG

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Lady Z,

If you want to make the first move, let everyone know that you are glad you went to college. Let them know how it has helped you in every possible way.

I wish I'd gone to college instead of pioneering and beth-hell. That's what I'll be telling everybody.

B the X

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit