Reverse shunning at the restuarant!

by Thechickennest 2 Replies latest jw experiences

• Thechickennest
    Thechickennest

Yesterday, after taking part in a community service project with the Lion's Club my wife and I went to one of the three restaurants in our small town to meet with the other Lion's Club members. Would'nt you know it.... there were three witnesses from the congregation we used to attend, kind of hidden around a corner behind a wall having their mid Saturday morning break. We choose our seats in the booth connected to the witnesses booth, as the other Lion's members were already seated in this area. This little Cafe in no bigger than most peoples living rooms. There I sat eye to eye with a witness man, an elder that tried to reactivate my wife and I before we resigned from the congregation. I have known this guy and all of his extended family for 20 years or more. We used to do a lot of things together socially. This man's brother was my best man at our wedding 25 years ago. My wife, a born-in grew up with his wife and her sisters. I have seen them in town many times before this and I always say hi or wave even though I know its against their rules. This time I kept still and ignored them. I looked at this witness guy and he dropped his head in shame. I could feel the energy just leave him completely. All of us Lion's members visited and laughed and talked about our project in a lively discussion. The witnesses just sat there and listened. I fully expected them to get up and leave however, that did not happen. Finally they finished their icecreams and left. One of the other Lion's members said, rolling his eyes...."those were the witnesses". This fellow Lion had no clue of the history involved with this car group of witnesses and my wife and I. I guess if the entire incident said anything to the witnesses it was that people can leave the JW's and have a life and freinds.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

What a great experience. I don't know any jws where I live now, but according to one of my "worldly" aunts, my mom keeps saying that I'll come back to the "truth" someday. And my aunt says, "Well, it will never happen. She is so happy now." I think my dear aunt makes it a point to let my mom know about the highlights in my life. I just love her!

• Honesty
    Honesty

That 'deer in the headlights' look from a JW when they see how happy and fulfilled my life is now that I'm free of the satanic cult is the highlight of my week.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit