Finding Meaning for Life in Extremely Implausible Things

by Bring_the_Light 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light

So yeah, here is how I determined that the WTS is crap without actually researching anything.(gradually between ages 9-13) The claim is there is a set of extremely implausible things and the sole purpose of your life is to believe these extremely implausible things are true. That is Gods way of separating the sheep from goats. People that are willing to believe extremely implausible things are viewed favorably by God, those who do not believe in extremely implausible things, God will punish. Those who choose to believe the WRONG set of extremely implausible things (other religion) also get Gods punishment. Why does it take so much drama to assert that doesn't even begin to make any f'n sense at all? What is it about believing extremely implausible things that makes you worthy of Gods love? Oh yeah, the corrollary is this is all about some woman stealing fruit.... From God (what? God was going to sell the fruit therefore endured an economic loss here?) I hope some find this illuminating. Bring_the_Light

• zeroday
    zeroday
    I hope some find this illuminating. Bring_the_Light

This thinking is exactly why I joined my current church..."The Church of the Unbelieving...Atheism"...never been happier...

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light

Sounds interesting. Do you need to wear a tacky suit to the meetings?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It seems that the more complicated they make morality look to fit their own nefarious purposes, the more of these guesswork issues seem to crop up. So what if I choose to wear a light blue shirt instead of a white one? Or so what if I decide to take off my suit coat when the temperature outside is approaching 40 C/100 F? Or if I choose to tip the waitress at Starbucks with something other than a fxxxing waste of paper like she already has more than 100 of? Does that make me incorrigibly evil?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit