It is bothering me less and less...

by Anti-Christ 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

Hello to all, for the ones here to know a bit about me I have been "inactive" for almost 4 years now. I have been married for 10 years and we are expecting our first child ( July ). I like to look at the topics once and wile to see what's new and how people on here are doing. I am sadden by a lot of stories and I find that the WT society is slowly making life harder for it's followers.

My father is still in and most of the people on my mother side are still in ( my brothers, mother and sister are not). My in-laws are all in but at different levels. I am at a point in my life were I don't really care how things turns out with my JW status, either I stay inactive or I get DFed for some reason, I don't really care. I am at a point were I find there are much more important things in my life and in this great universe to bother with the silly laws created by a bunch of arrogant, power hungry old men. If my friends and family who are still in want to follow their silly laws and shun me and my soon to be lager family it's their loss I will not shun them and I will not respect and follow their stupid polices, I am a free man and this is my life. Aut pax aut bellum.

Just wanted to share that with you all.

• milligal
    milligal

I thought recently: how can a sheeplike personality be so pleasing to god, witnesses or anyone else? Who wants to be mind-numb, obedient to the point of robotic and unable to think for yourself? I am intrigued by people like yourself (and well, I guess myself too : ) who have the ability and courage to think freely from social pressure. The fact that you are not df'd yet may make it even harder for you-they probably still try to talk to you.

I applaud your strength of character.

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ
    I applaud your strength of character.

Thank you.

who have the ability and courage to think freely from social pressure.

I don't know if we are born like this but many factors might be accountable. I for one was always a little different then most either in or out of the JW community. I never really fit in the JW and I still don't really fit in with the rest of the "normal" people.

The fact that you are not df'd yet may make it even harder for you-they probably still try to talk to you.

They do but it does not bother me has much. I used to not speak my mind when someone would make a comment that would just drive me crazy but now I don't hold back because like I said I don't really care any more. Most of the time the reaction I get is very predictable but I find it very satisfying to speak my mind, it's like I'm telling them that the WT has no more control over me and at the same time it makes them back off a bit and they don't try and guilt trip me or preach to me.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Good luck Anti!!!! Especially on the little ones arrival. Do let us know who she/he is when he /she pokes her/his nose in the FREE world. So happy /she/he will have a free thinking DAD!!!!

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light

The force is strong with this one, yes strong it is. :) you've brightened my day. Bring_the_Light

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

Thanks mouthy, I will announce it when the little girl arrives.

Bright, glad I brightened your day.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Thanks mouthy, I will announce it when the little girl arrives.

A LITTLE GIRL!!!!!Bravo.Waiting to hear her arrival & Name

• BFD
    BFD
    I am at a point were I find there are much more important things in my life and in this great universe to bother with the silly laws created by a bunch of arrogant, power hungry old men.

That's a great place to be. Good for you!

And, congratulations on the expected arrival! Good luck!

BFD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit