2008 DC - Is higher education/college mentioned?

by mavie 4 Replies latest jw friends

• mavie
    mavie

To those who have attended the 2008 DC, first of all my condolences. Second, I am curious if there are any hard hitting talks against higher education. Thanks.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Clue: It would be most likely on Friday afternoon. After the announcements, they have a symposium on young people, where you might find the answer. They might even have the answer in the final part just before announcing the Young People Ask--Answers That Do Not Work book.

It might be there on Saturday early afternoon. They have the symposium about "empowered" by "holy" spirit, and it could come under peer pressure or fighting temptation. Or, they might include something in the "Sow With a View to the Spirit" talk just before the announcements. Look there for more information against college.

• mavie
    mavie

The convention is coming to my town soon. Does anyone know if there is a hard hitting education talk?

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

There are other threads on here from folks who've attended the DC. There is anti-higher ed stuff in at least one talk, and the drama also has an anti-ed message.

S4

• Open mind
    Open mind

The biggest anti-college messages at my DC were contained in the interviews and experiences. That way it takes some of the hit off the WT, IMO.

The Drama took a shot at someone who was planning on a 1st century Christian who was planning on studying medicine in the manner of Hipocrates.

*rolls eyes*

om

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit