Faithful and Discreet Slave

by whitman 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• whitman
    whitman

Hello all,

I am still catching up on witness related issues that have occured since I left the church. I am wondering if there is an available log or register that provides the details of the faithful and discreet slave. I am curious as to how many there are currently. I know that a census of sorts used to take place at the memorial, but is there a more comprehensive record? Is there a way to calculate how many of the faithful and discreet slave are still alive, how many have died and how many new ones would be required to make up the grand total of 144,000?

Look forward to hearing from you.

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

Just read in the paper today where a JW who claimed to be an annointed died. But never believed it myself. But don't believe in that 144 thousand stuff. Glad I am out of the cult.

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

I heard at our meeting, when our circuit oversee visited our congregation us in Skärholmen, Sweden that last year there was in Sweden 31, but this year 37. He said, unfortunately the number of them increased, but the number of other witnesses decreased in the memorial attendance. I do not now if there has been a similar increase in other countries. But still our leaders are ridiculing and oppresing new members of the so called faithful and disceet slave-class. Jehovah God himself anoints new members with holy spirit to be faithful and discreet slaves and to give spiritual food. But often there arises a hard rivalry between them and Jehovah God gets disappointed with them and must search fore new candidates for his Kingdom. I'm happy that you are interested in spititual matters, please see my site and you will find more spiritual food. www.freewebs.com/scripturalanswers

• Rivington
    Rivington

The faithful and discreet slave doctrine is really a big fudge. As I understand it, the FDS is reckoned to be the remnant of the anointed 144,000. The Wise Old Men of Brooklyn claim to act on behalf of the FDS. The trouble with this, however, is that none of the anointed outside of Brooklyn have any more say in what goes on or what is taught in the literature than do any other JWs. Perhaps the Wise Old Men of Brooklyn are the only surviving members of the 144,000 and all the other claimants are simply kidding themselves. Rivington

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

That is supposed to be the "anointed" remnant, currently something like 9,000. However, as V has pointed out in one of his videos around the REJECT Jesus Party time, the actual Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger (the ones making the doctrines) turn out to be the nine men that are currently in the Governing Body.

• whitman
    whitman

Thanks. I realise now that my question about the 144,000 is actually entirely redundant. It was brought to my attention last night that the whole 1914 thing and it's relationship to the remaining 144,000 has been discarded by the Borg (see how I know what to call them now?). I was absolutely astounded!!! I don't even know where to begin with that one! I was hoping to be able to re-calculate the approximate time of tribulation but they went and changed the rules on me. I'm still reeling - wasn't the 1914 thing and the 144,000 kind of the whole point from which most other dogma was suspended?

• distazo
    distazo

Hi withman,

There have been attempts by several to sum the number of 'annointed' including the first century. It sums up to waaaay above 200.000.

Secondly consider this 'formula'

[symbol number] + [symbolic number] = [literal number]

Makes sense?

Well, it does for the WTS.They claim that the 12 tribes, mentioned in Revelation 14, are symbolic, and the number of 12.000 must not be taken literal as well, but 12 times the 12.000 is magically a literal number.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit